Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newer IWI Galil Ace, Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    I have a 5.56x45 pistol. It’s way overgassed. I recently bought a 7.62x39 rifle. It’s not overgassed at all. If you do get one that’s overgassed, it’s super easy to install a KNS adjustable gas piston to resolve the problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would like to get some more feedback on the 7.62 Nato model, that looks like a hand full of badness.
    Is the rifle pictured a x39mm, seems to have a curved magazine ?
    Last edited by lowprone; 02-15-19 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    One thing I hated was the plastic magwell on the 7.62x39 version, it had a false lip the mag would want to lock into, and looked silly. Mag changes were much easier when this is removed, it just has no place on a rock-n-lock mag gun.

Otherwise, it is extremely well made and solved all of my ergonomic gripes with the AK. Hope they stick around for awhile. A 5.45 version would be awesome....

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Much. Want.

Beautiful piece. Hey what sling is that? What’s the black tab in front, is it a tightening tab? Tia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was out with my 7.62x39 last weekend. Although it throws brass pretty far, the operation is very smooth and the quality of the rifle is perfect. It was my first AK and I don't see the need for another with this rifle in the safe, as I also have a Swiss Arms 553R which is just amazing.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    One thing I hated was the plastic magwell on the 7.62x39 version, it had a false lip the mag would want to lock into, and looked silly. Mag changes were much easier when this is removed, it just has no place on a rock-n-lock mag gun.

Otherwise, it is extremely well made and solved all of my ergonomic gripes with the AK. Hope they stick around for awhile. A 5.45 version would be awesome....
    I'm guessing you removed the plastic magwell?

What needs to be done, and what exactly do you lose by removing the plastic portion of the receiver? I mean, what purpose did the magwell have in the first place?

Also, do you know if circle 10 magazines will work with the plastic magwell gone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I'm guessing you removed the plastic magwell?

What needs to be done, and what exactly do you lose by removing the plastic portion of the receiver? I mean, what purpose did the magwell have in the first place?

Also, do you know if circle 10 magazines will work with the plastic magwell gone?
    Worked with all mags I tried, removal was simple, you just need to buy a Galil trigger guard as you lose the plastic version.
    Magwell has no purpose on the 7.62x39 as far as I can see.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thanks, how much work is it to install the trigger guard? Does it need to be riveted in?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the responses. This is now definitely next on my list to buy.

Feedback Score
    From this side of the pond the stories which I have heard about the ACE is not good. Or is it because the one's we get here comes from South America?

There is some upgrade options available on the originals.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast