Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which steel cased Ammo for training/plinking??

Feedback Score
    I forgot, I believe you mentioned that earlier. A good trick for that.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had better luck with Herters. But that was subbing in 77 OTMs. No real apples to apples comparison, but yeah... Not worth the effort for that level of accuracy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Fact about markm, and I quote: "I shoot at the top of a rocky mountain".

Question: Can he hit it? I would like to suggest putting a barn on that mountain, with a broad sides. Aim small, miss small ;-)

markm, I have had quite a bit of fun using Mexican Match in 7.5X55. The Swiss GP11 ammo is supposed to be so great..... for me it is "better than any other surplus ammo" but.... not as good as real target ammo. I mean I've had it go sub MOA but very often there's a vexing flyer (this in a blueprinted 700 but with factory barrel). Yank the factory 174 bullet, drop in 175 SMK's and NOW the flyers are gone..... haven't actually tried it but I almost think I could put 20 in a row into 1.3 MOA.

The Swiss 174's are interesting and it's not surprising they shoot as well as they do. Practically a VLD, very pointy, ample boat tail, but-- full-diameter shank is very short, maybe 3/16".... then ahead of the cannelure the ogive has it down to .299 in a very short distance. THey are steel jacketed with a really fine looking nickel plating.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I really only Mexi Match in .223 due to having a press mounted bullet puller in that caliber. The Swiss love those steel jackets huh?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think it's about making kinder, gentler bullets that adhere to and surpass by 200% any and all conventions regarding bullets causing unnecessary suffering, etc. I believe that's why the French 5.56 was made the way it was made and the Swiss version of SS109 is non-deforming in the extreme.

I use the Hornady collet puller and it seems a very good product.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234