Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got to play with a new manufactured one while picking up my APC9. They do seem nice. I havent shot one yet but aesthetically they fit the bill and fit/finish as well.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score

Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

I got my P365 today. Thus far, I’m not sold. Haven’t even fired it yet. The trigger was heavier than others I’d fired.

I decided to tear it apart to clean the striker channel after my experience with two separate P320s. I found a rather large burr on the engagement surface of the striker.

I hit it once with a file and it came off. But the striker has a pretty significant chunk. It appears maybe dull tooling was used to finish it. The trigger weight dropped about 3/4 a pound removing the burr. I’m going to call Sig and see if they can send me a replacement tomorrow.

Pic of the burr and a pic of what came our worn the striker.

I also took a few minutes and made myself a minimalist holster. Born on date 16 February 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 03-13-19 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I love the old West German Sigs. They are some of the best pistols ever produced IMO. I bought a P320 thinking it would replace my G19. I shot it well right out of the box. I found it to be 100% reliable and more accurate than most of my Glocks. Then came the voluntary upgrade. I waited for a while but eventually sent my 320 back to the factory for the upgrade. The first thing I noticed when I got it back is that the trigger pull wasn't as good as before. Not a huge difference but slightly heavier and not as crisp as before. I ran a few hundred through it and had several FTEs. Group size was not as good as before. F#ck! I put it back in the safe and there it sat until my sons came home on leave. We went shooting and they both had the same problems. It happened with every magazine and it always started at or just after the third round. Ammo brand and type doesn't seem to matter. Right now I HATE that F#cking POS. I will send it back when I get around to it but I have low expectations. Meanwhile, my G19s are going strong. (Gen 2 through 5 inclusive.)
    Interesting you noticed a difference in the trigger when you got your P320 back. I have 2 P320's. I sent them in one at a time. I got the first one back and tested the trigger side by side with the one not sent in. The trigger pull, feel and weight was identical between the two guns. When I got the second one back, I compared the two again. Still found no difference between the two.

Feedback Score
    South', that is what I would expect. It is my impression some parts were lightened to reduce the chances of inertia causing a drop discharge, but the sear engagement was not changed.
    Triggers are very subjective things.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    My P365 has a born on date in Nov/18. Got about 400 rounds through it now, using 115gr Win WB, Speer 124gr. FMJ and Speer GD loads. Nary a hiccup so far with all the magazines. Working like a charm.

Feedback Score
    Fired mine Wednesday. 266 rounds before the storms pushed in. I had 500 to try. Accuracy was descent, no hiccups. It’s harder to shoot than my Shield, however.

Feedback Score
    Shot mine yesterday. Only put 60rds downrange, 30 of my carry load (HST 147gr +P) and 30 of IMI 124gr FMJ. No malfunctions of any kind. Shot consistently low and left for me; I'm a southpaw so maybe that has something to do with it. I like it, that's for sure.

One thing though: the P365 has the most difficult to load magazine of any weapon (handgun or rifle) I've ever shot. My fingers still hurt! When I was done shooting it I took a wooden dowel and pushed the follower all the way down and let it snap back up several times. Not sure if it was just new stiff springs, a burr or two in the mag, or both. Loaded a little bit easier once I did that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Shot mine yesterday. Only put 60rds downrange, 30 of my carry load (HST 147gr +P) and 30 of IMI 124gr FMJ. No malfunctions of any kind. Shot consistently low and left for me; I'm a southpaw so maybe that has something to do with it. I like it, that's for sure.

One thing though: the P365 has the most difficult to load magazine of any weapon (handgun or rifle) I've ever shot. My fingers still hurt! When I was done shooting it I took a wooden dowel and pushed the follower all the way down and let it snap back up several times. Not sure if it was just new stiff springs, a burr or two in the mag, or both. Loaded a little bit easier once I did that.
    I noticed the same thing. I used a mag loader, and it made it easier. I left three mags loaded over night and that seemed to help. I think cycles do more for it than anything though. I’m around 600 rounds through mine in two range trips. It’s actually surprising me to some degree.

Feedback Score
    Is anyone pocket carrying one? If so, what holster?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I used a mag loader, and it made it easier. I left three mags loaded over night and that seemed to help. I think cycles do more for it than anything though. I’m around 600 rounds through mine in two range trips. It’s actually surprising me to some degree.
    I used a Glock mag loader and it worked.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast