Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

Feedback Score
    This testing was done with both 10 and 12 round magazines. Regardless of the magazine capacity, issues were present, the failure rate was about 20%. Some guys had no issues with their specific pistol, but others did.

Feedback Score
    is this a QC issue if some are fine, but 20% weren't?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    They might have been better served letting MecGar make the P365 mags as they do the M17 ones.
    Personally, mine runs fine.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe I'm way off here, but I've gotta say that I'm pretty skeptical on these supposed mag issues all of a sudden. The p365 has been put through the wringer from day 1, and NO ONE mentions mag problems.

Now a guy on a forum starts talking about 20% failure rates! What? And zero corroborating evidence to boot.

Not saying it didn't happen, just that I'm going to need a bit more convincing than a forum post by someone with less than 50 posts. Just sayin...
    Last edited by georgeib; 02-27-19 at 15:34. Reason: Spelling/grammar.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    It was a big enough issue for our department to send a memo out to all sworn personnel. I”ll summarize the memo, not sure if I am allowed to post the inner department memo publically on the forum.

The Department has received a shipment of 691 P365 pistols from Sig Sauer. These pistols were put through an extensive T&E process prior to receiving the current shipment of weapons scheduled for deployment to the field. As part of the Departments internal quality control and phased deployment process a small quantity of the weapons were fired by our very best firearms instructors. During this transition process an unacceptable number of the weapons experienced a malfunction in which the slide did not fully engage back into battery after firing. Sig reps on site believe the geometry of magazines induced the malfunctions. These malfunctions were recognized and documented by the Training Division Firearms staff.

All pistols were sent back to Sig for further development.
    Last edited by PureBS90; 02-27-19 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBS90 View Post
    It was a big enough issue for our department to send a memo out to all sworn personnel. I”ll summarize the memo, not sure if I am allowed to post the inner department memo publically on the forum.

The Department has received a shipment of 691 P365 pistols from Sig Sauer. These pistols were put through an extensive T&E process prior to receiving the current shipment of weapons scheduled for deployment to the field. As part of the Departments internal quality control and phased deployment process a small quantity of the weapons were fired by our very best firearms instructors. During this transition process an unacceptable number of the weapons experienced a malfunction in which the slide did not fully engage back into battery after firing. Sig reps on site believe the geometry of magazines induced the malfunctions. These malfunctions were recognized and documented by the Training Division Firearms staff.

All pistols were sent back to Sig for further development.
    Had that same problem with my Glock 43. I bought my wife and I each a Glock 43 not too long after they first came out; hers was fine, mine occasionally failed to go fully into battery. A tap on the back of the slide was enough to close it but still. I carry 147gr HST +P's in my self-defense handguns, so I thought that maybe changing ammo would help.....it didn't. Granted, it was only maybe 3 or 4 every 100 rounds but that made my decision for me. I traded it in on another gun and my wife eventually traded me hers for my Walther PPS M2 (which she liked for the ergonomics and shot pretty well for her).

So today I took the P-365 plunge! Haven't shot it yet but might give it a whirl tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

EDIT: if it matters, my Sig was made in December of 2018.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-02-19 at 19:59.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    11/30/18 production P365 with about 700 rounds. Zero problems. Trigger is much better than my Kahr PM9. This is the first gun I've found that competes with the PM9 in terms of "pocketability" and the 10+1 is a huge plus.

Feedback Score
    I decided to give the P365 a chance and should have mine next week.

Feedback Score
    I’m getting one Tuesday. I will take it out next weekend and put 500-1,000 through it. I’m getting it as a trade and it should be fresh production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    I decided to give the P365 a chance and should have mine next week.
    "All we are saying, is give sig a chance". Wasn't there a song sorta like that?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast