Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

Feedback Score
    I got burned on one Sig already. Maybe next year I might try this. They have brilliant designs issued a couple of years too soon, Then issue recalls (voluntary??).
    The ideal would be to get one, shoot it enough to be GTG. Then buy a second and shoot the snot out of it, saving the first for SD. Seems like a lot of problems show up at high round counts.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking very seriously of getting a second one, which is something I do when I really like a carry gun.
    It's been a long time since I've liked a modern pistol so well (the G42 is a close 2nd), and it is everything I'd hoped the G43 would be.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I hesitate to get a striker fired pocket pistol without the glock gadget. I keep hoping the 365 will jar glock awake, getting them to come up with something with similar capacity. But it looks like the G43x is their response.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    A good friend of mine has a brand new P365. I don’t know the exact date of manufacture. It was less than 300 rounds into its first outing, and it failed catastrophically.

He contacted Sig. Sig said they would fix it on his dime and blames the ammunition. Specifically, they stated it was “clearly a double charge”. I’m not sure that particular load could be double-charged. It appeared to me the round was fired out of battery. After Sig states it would be on his dime, he took a screw driver to wedge the slide open. It appears to need at minimum a new frame, new barrel, new slide, and new extractor assembly. Playing with the fun, I could hold it out of battery and the striker would fall with enough force I’m sure it would set off a primer out of battery. I’ve also noticed this is possible with the P320s I own, verifiable with the pencil test.

As much as I like the P365 on paper, it isn’t read for prime time. I would not trust my life to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That is a mess. Left unstated; was it indeed a reload, either commercial or private?
    It is a chance we reloaders face; if something blows up, we don't have a lot of choices.
    I will concur that the P365 drops out of battery pretty quickly, which leads to the firing pin swipes on primers, but none of my brass has shown any signs of distortion.
    Further, the one misfire I've had (124gr Gold Dot +p) was due to the gun bouncing slightly out of battery. It was of course factory, and simply didn't go off.
    A buddy's M60 Smith grenaded (took off the top strap, cylinder in 3 pieces) with a reload that was never entirely diagnosed (Bullseye was used; Smith serviced said a double wouldn't do it and a triple wouldn't fit).
    Smith, to their credit, did help him with a replacement.
    As an aside, Bullseye has long been credited with 'detonation', an event linked to too little powder, rather than too much. But the event has never, to my knowledge, been recreated under lab conditions.
    I buy my Bullseye by the 8lb keg.
    Moon

Feedback Score

Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

This was factory new ammunition. He didn’t say what brand, but he does not reload or buy remanufactured. I believe he’s a big Fiocchi fan.

I do reload, and none of the loads I use are possible to double-charge. Undercharge is a concern with any powder.

I was surprised Sig was so quick to write him off. I had planned to purchase an M17 next month, but this has given me pause. I had high hopes for the P365, but now I’m glad I’m not typically an early adopter.

Last edited by lsllc; 02-14-19 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    This was factory new ammunition. He didn’t say what brand, but he does not reload or buy remanufactured. I believe he’s a big Fiocchi fan.

If it was indeed Fiocchi, then sure as hell, Sig and Fiocchi need to have a conversation.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I hesitate to get a striker fired pocket pistol without the glock gadget. I keep hoping the 365 will jar glock awake, getting them to come up with something with similar capacity. But it looks like the G43x is their response.
    Pi3, I'm a Glock fan as well, but they are hopelessly wedded to their steel/poly magazine, which leads to a thicker grip. They've sat on their hands with the 43, and the 43x doesn't solve the problem.
    The 365 appears to be pocketable, tho' I'll use a pocket holster that protects the trigger.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Pi3, I'm a Glock fan as well, but they are hopelessly wedded to their steel/poly magazine, which leads to a thicker grip. They've sat on their hands with the 43, and the 43x doesn't solve the problem.
    The 365 appears to be pocketable, tho' I'll use a pocket holster that protects the trigger.
    Moon
    I may just stick with a J-frame, But the Vickers G43 looks tempting.The 365 does demonstrate what is possible.
    If quality control is spotty, the least a company can do is have good customer service. If both are lacking, we need to look elswhere. The west german sigs from the 80's were terrific, we know what Sig can do in theory.
    Last edited by Pi3; 02-14-19 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    A good friend of mine has a brand new P365.

Tell your friend to not point guns at himself.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast