Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

Feedback Score
    I was potting away with mine down at camp, and whacking a 6" square clanger at 35 yards.
    I don't have the inherent faith in the P365 that I might have in a Glock, but the damned thing has really impressed me thus far. I really prefer the trigger feel to anything else striker fired.
    Isllc, keep us posted on your bud's gun.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the comments. All of the Sig hate aside, it looks like for the most part this pistol is performing well after some initial hiccups.
    I have been looking at it as a replacement for my current CCW. It has more capacity in a smaller package, and from what I have read is very shootable. Now to find a range that rents one for a test drive.

Feedback Score
    Mauser, we don't have that choice locally, but a buddy scored one at a gunshow, and I got to shoot his. I got one, and another buddy tried mine...you see where this is headed.
    It was the same epiphany I experienced with the first Glock I shot...I can see the damned sights, and I can hit stuff.
    Have some experience with small 9s; the Kimber Solo didn't hurt but was extremely bouncy and slow to get back on target, and was relatively heavy. The G43 is a nice gun, but seems to recoil more sharply, and is too big to pocket.
    The P365 is scarcely any bigger than my much-loved G42, and seems almost as soft shooting.
    The 365 is still kinda on probation, and it's my intent to shoot the snot out of it, including some war loads, and I need to chrono that short barrel. I've been sticking to standard 9s; the +ps cycle the slide really violently, and I had one misfire with a +p Gold Dot 124.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Just talked to him again. I asked specifically about ammunition. He stated it was Remington UMC, it was all he had. He said it was first mag through the pistol and four or five rounds flew out the bottom. He said he’s talked with Sig multiple times and is waiting for an RMA. Sig is not covering shipping or repairs based on photos. He maintains it was out of battery, and the pistol will still launch a dowel out of battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Moon, you have me wanting a G42 now, and I swore off .380s.Does if work well with a pocket holster?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Isllc, please, no disrespect, and I'm not there, so I surely don't know what happened, nor what conversation your bud may have had with Sig.
    But I'm mighty skeptical that Sig doesn't want to look at one of their pistols that kaboomed on factory ammo. There is just something wrong with that picture. And how can a wrecked gun still launch anything out of battery?
    Just my take; go in peace, serve the Lord.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Moon, you have me wanting a G42 now, and I swore off .380s.Does if work well with a pocket holster?
    Pi, I have an Alabama kydex pocket rig, and it works uncommon well in everything but dress pants; jeans and shorts aren't an issue. (Actually, I might get away with dress pants too.) My42s shoot straight and go bang all the time, and its rounded, bar of soap contours come out of a pocket just fine.
    I reload .380s, and shoot the snot out of the Glocks.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Isllc, please, no disrespect, and I'm not there, so I surely don't know what happened, nor what conversation your bud may have had with Sig.
    But I'm mighty skeptical that Sig doesn't want to look at one of their pistols that kaboomed on factory ammo. There is just something wrong with that picture. And how can a wrecked gun still launch anything out of battery?
    Just my take; go in peace, serve the Lord.
    Moon
    Yes, there is something wrong. Certainly, and it seems to be Sig. Seems there are more than a few of these things causing problems for people.

He certainly wouldn’t lie. It’s still sitting there waiting for an RMA...I wasn’t privy to the conversation with Sig, but the pistol is still sitting there...waiting. Perhaps I could ask him to call them back and record the whole conversation just to be posted online lol.

The damage, as I said before, is the barrel, frame, and extractor. The striker and trigger still function. Go back and check out the photos.

Feedback Score
    Not doubting a word, Isllc.
    But if you were me, and read this online, would you buy it?
    I'm also not doubting that the striker will still work, but its relationship to a damaged barrel and its attendant lockup is another matter.
    In any case, hope things work out for your buddy. At least he wasn't hurt.
    Moon

Feedback Score

Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

This isn’t unlike other stories I’ve heard. Companies are often not quick to right wrongs or accept responsibility. I’ve seen lots of kaboom posts over the years companies were slow to respond to, if at all, as well terrible accuracy being said to be “in spec”. Nothing surprises me anymore, and certainly not Sig being slow to send an RMA.

ETA: I’ve got a $3000 scope at Leupold right now that’s been sitting there for three weeks. This is the second time it’s been back for not holding zero and not tracking. When I called to get some help with it last time, the tech guy told me that either I couldn’t shoot or it must have a base or ring work loose and they didn’t want to take it back. I teach precision rifle and own multiples of this optic.

Last edited by lsllc; 02-23-19 at 20:53.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast