Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

Feedback Score
    Went thru' some of this with the Glock 42, which was not without its problems early on. But the gun was so good that it was worth the gamble.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I am disappointed that there have been issues with the G42 & G43. This forum tends to overlook Glock issues, but come down hard on Sig when they have the same problems.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I am disappointed that there have been issues with the G42 & G43. This forum tends to overlook Glock issues, but come down hard on Sig when they have the same problems.
    I love the old West German Sigs. They are some of the best pistols ever produced IMO. I bought a P320 thinking it would replace my G19. I shot it well right out of the box. I found it to be 100% reliable and more accurate than most of my Glocks. Then came the voluntary upgrade. I waited for a while but eventually sent my 320 back to the factory for the upgrade. The first thing I noticed when I got it back is that the trigger pull wasn't as good as before. Not a huge difference but slightly heavier and not as crisp as before. I ran a few hundred through it and had several FTEs. Group size was not as good as before. F#ck! I put it back in the safe and there it sat until my sons came home on leave. We went shooting and they both had the same problems. It happened with every magazine and it always started at or just after the third round. Ammo brand and type doesn't seem to matter. Right now I HATE that F#cking POS. I will send it back when I get around to it but I have low expectations. Meanwhile, my G19s are going strong. (Gen 2 through 5 inclusive.)
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Yes, back in the day, the west German sigs were the way to go. I almost got a P320, but when the recall happened I shied away & am glad now that I did. I'm just skittish now about the p365.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I have the X series p320s. I thought I hated them. I traded for them, just to satisfy curiosity. I wanted to tell myself that MHS trials were wrong and the Army selected a poor handgun. I figured I would sell them within a few weeks. Right out of the box I had issues. I quickly diagnosed the issues myself and solved the problem.

They have been chugging along perfectly since. I found I don’t hate them. In fact they shoot better than my G19s and don’t give me near the wrist and elbow pain. I hate Sig but I like the X-series P320s. I understand they were never part of the recall? Different trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I have the X series p320s. I thought I hated them. I traded for them, just to satisfy curiosity. I wanted to tell myself that MHS trials were wrong and the Army selected a poor handgun. I figured I would sell them within a few weeks. Right out of the box I had issues. I quickly diagnosed the issues myself and solved the problem.

They have been chugging along perfectly since. I found I don’t hate them. In fact they shoot better than my G19s and don’t give me near the wrist and elbow pain. I hate Sig but I like the X-series P320s. I understand they were never part of the recall? Different trigger?

Out of curiosity, what did the problem with your X-Series guns end up being?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did the problem with your X-Series guns end up being?
    Light primer strikes. Disassembled and there was what appeared to be white lithium grease in the striker channel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Light primer strikes. Disassembled and there was what appeared to be white lithium grease in the striker channel.

Gotcha, that’d definitely cause some issues. Glad it was an easy fix for ya.

Feedback Score
    I just couldn’t believe Sig put it there.

Feedback Score
    Never a huge Sig fan; had some 230s, and lately a .32 iteration. Glocks suited me.
    Then I got a P365 and was pleased with it, and had an opportunity to grab an M17. I'm not about to ditch the G19s nor the 42 & 43, but I do like the Sig triggers, and the guns are nicely done mechanically. The chassis system seems well thot' out.
    Moon

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast