Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ballistic Advantage 11.5 Malfunctions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    As in "From the same batch as the spring that doesn't work"?

Try a Colt or Sprinco spring.
    I bought the 3 pack of springs years apart from the BCG so I doubt they’re the same batch. Brownells is out of the Colt extractor springs. Anywhere else that you would suggest I can get some Colt extractor, buffer, and trigger and hammer springs?

Feedback Score
    Try G&R Tactical and if they don't have Arms Unlimited

Feedback Score
    I was having similar symptoms from a 14.7" FN mid-gas upper.

Examination of spent cases showed aggressive extractor marks, extractor was jumping the rim.

I installed an O-ring under the extractor, and put in an H3 buffer. Problem solved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had some free time today and decided to try out the o ring since brownells is out of Colt extractor springs and I haven’t gotten them from anywhere else.

I went from having a few malfunctions per mag to having none over 200ish rounds.

I’m still gonna replace the extractor spring with a Colt spring but I’m happy at the moment.

5.56 brass is ejecting at 2 o’clock but it’s strongly ejecting instead of dribbling out.

Overall, I’m happy with the gun now and thank you all for the help. I’ll report back if anything changes after I get my hands on some Colt springs to replace the extractor spring and the various PSA springs that are in the gun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123