Thread: LMT??????FORGIVE ME if redundant

Feedback Score

LMT??????FORGIVE ME if redundant

I am sort of in a rush to make a good decision on a BCG for my setup.
    ill take any advice............ i.e...... should I change my setup a little?

SETUP:
    11.5" BCM barrel......070" GP.......CARBINE LENGTH......556
    ADJ. GB....SYNC ORD...... .625" JOURNAL
    I HAVE a GMT HALO......NATURALLY I WOULD LIKE TO shoot with and without it.

My main question:
    Should I go with an LMT enhanced and if so should I get the SA or FA version and is the carrier that costs ~$339 have the enhanced bolt?
    ALSO:As far as buffer setups, are you guys only into the A5etc. setup?
    I found the JP captured spring to be too intriguing not to buy a while back and currently have a Gen 2 and some xtra tungsten weights and various springs. I can go either way.

My main issue is the BCG because of the investment, I can go out in the desert and try shit til I'm happy but so far with a real standard BCG (no markings not sure what it is) I get very random fail to fire, extract etc.
    Aside from my BCG, The rest of my SBR is quality......2A receivers......Elftman trigger....
    FYI since this build, I have only been working with the JP buffer and perhaps that's part of the problem..

Anyway excuse the random caps all over message and hoping Im being clear.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I’d just get a BCM or Sionics BCG and be done with it for way less money. I’d also ditch the JP and run a carbine spring of reputable manufacture and an H2/H3 buffer. That’s just me though.
    Last edited by rockapede; 02-12-19 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The LMT enhanced BCG can be found for under $300, and does include the LMT enhanced bolt in that setup. On black Friday, I got on brand new for $240. If you wait until one of Brownells $30 off $300 codes, you can backorder one from them (add $1.00 worth of parts to make it an even $300).

As for FA vs SA BCG, I always go with FA because of my binary trigger, but it might not make that big a different if you never plan to use one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The JP captured spring doesn't seem to get much (if any at all) use by M4Carbine users, which is likely for a valid reason.

If it won't run with your unknown BCG and JP spring.....have you tried it with one of your known good BCG and traditional springs?

After it's running properly, you can decide if the expense of the enhanced carrier may be beneficial. I wouldn't expect it to be the solution
    to your rifles multiple failures.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I know several folks who run the JP spring and it runs fine in 3 gun setups. I don't know anyone who has tried it in a SBR.
    Good advice so far.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I wouldn’t run an LMT enhanced carrier on. 0.070 gas port, but that’s me. I am a big fan of the A5 buffer system & the LMT enhanced bolt.

Feedback Score
    Start by changing the bolt.
    Fte sounds like a bolt issue.
    Does the rifle lock back on the last round every time?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Run a standard gas block and trigger, and see what happens. I suspect you're getting light primer strikes, and your gas system may be restricted. That's just my guess, as it's impossible to diagnose mechanical failures without actual hands on time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t=#post2671046

Post 24.

The Enhanced FA carrier just became available on LMT's website yesterday.
    Last edited by Butch; 02-13-19 at 11:18.