Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The illusive CD O.W.L. (1 of 2) finally arrived!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The illusive CD O.W.L. (1 of 2) finally arrived!

The illusive CD O.W.L. finally arrived!
    (I'll give my impressions once I get some time behind it!)

Last edited by boomer223; 02-18-19 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anxious to hear your thoughts when you've got a little time behind it. I sure hope it lives up to all the marketing and hype.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's going to be a few days before I get to move / shoot with it, so here are my initial impressions -

- Packaging, documentation, battery charger etc. - SUPERB. On par or better than anything else in the category I've dealt with.
    - Fit and finish of the light itself - Magnificent - I can now understand why it took as long as it did. It's gorgeous.
    - Size/ weight - This thing is substantial. It definitely has some heft to it. I was most interested in how it would fit and affect the balance of my SR16 pistol, as it was actually back-heavy. With the OWL mounted, it now balances perfectly with the Magwell sitting in my palm. (With an SBA-3 brace)
    - Functionality - the touchpad is very intuitive and works no matter where you press it (as advertised)
    - I may or may not use the 2nd one (inbound) on my 14.5 dimpled heavy barrel because that gun is already very front heavy, even with the SOPMOD stock fully extended.

Surefire M300 with battery and mount

OWL with battery
    Last edited by boomer223; 02-14-19 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another -

Last edited by boomer223; 02-15-19 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ND post..........
    Last edited by boomer223; 02-15-19 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    11.2oz! What a tank!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    11.2oz! What a tank!
    Oh yeah, you'll definitely know if it falls off your gun....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    Oh yeah, you'll definitely know if it falls off your gun....
    What would the Surefire weigh with mount and the remote switch? I'm debating either ordering an OWL or getting another M600DF and Arisaka mount.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for posting. I’ve been looking at these, but seeing the weight gives me pause. You’ll have to let us know if its worth the mass.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thanks for posting. I’ve been looking at these, but seeing the weight gives me pause. You’ll have to let us know if its worth the mass.
    I really wanted to love this light for my applications. I’ve been a fan of Cloud Defensive from their inception. Sean is a stellar dude, doing amazing things. Based on that - I ordered 2 of the OWLS during the pre-order.

The light itself is amazing. It has the best combination of intense center beam/ throw and uniform spill that I’ve ever seen. If I hunted varmints at night at 200+ meters, this would be the perfect light. However - that’s simply not the case.

After a couple of days of ready-up and reloading drills, I’ve decided that the mass/ weight up-front was just too much for my liking. I’m a minimalist these days, and the light, in my case is just overkill. I ended up selling this one local, just this morning. I have a 2nd one inbound and will sell it as well.

If your setup can absorb the extra weight, and you are in search of the ultimate weapon mounted light - this is it.

If you are already bothered by a front heavy/ unbalanced rig, and rarely shoot at night, then you will most likely come to the same conclusion.
    Last edited by boomer223; 02-18-19 at 17:51.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast