Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The illusive CD O.W.L. (1 of 2) finally arrived!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good points above IMO. My main grip with the SF "twisty" is that it feels clunky and requires a firm push to keep the light from flickering.

FWIW, the easily-replaceable McClicky switch can be modified for momentary-only operation, which results in very smooth and long-throw of activation. I use the modification on my Malkoff Bodyguard v.1 light (pocket carry).

On the Malkoff HD 18650 light I posted above, the standard Malkoff tailcap works quite well - it's fully shrouded to protect against accidental activation and the McClicky switch requires a long push to lock-on.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Good summary above.

Though I don't own one, it's obvious the O.W.L. is a superbly designed and constructed light, but unless you need a high-powered WML for every day use, it's a lot of weight to be living at the end of the rail.

At a weight of exactly 3.2 ounces, you can get set up with a Malkoff head on an Arisaka 300 clone body that will produce 750 lumens/20,000 lux on a single IMR 16340 cell;

Attachment 55990
    Absolutely loving this setup recommended by @canonshooter. Thank you Sir!

(I'm going to replace the head with the flat-anodized version from Arisaka as soon as they're back in stock)

Last edited by boomer223; 03-01-19 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    All of you saying OWL is too heavy should take a look at Modlite.

www.modlite.com
    @WS6 - Thanks for turning me on to this. Between the Modlite, and Arisaka/Malkoff - my light needs are satisfied for the foreseeable future.
    - Modlite PLH 18350
    - Approximately 1500 out the front lumens and 29,000 candela.

Last edited by boomer223; 03-25-19 at 21:59.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456