Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aero precision lower issues

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea if I had only made a youtube video it would have all worked out. lol. ok. Now I remember why I don't post on forums.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pete57 View Post
    Yea if I had only made a youtube video it would have all worked out. lol. ok. Now I remember why I don't post on forums.
    By all means do what you like. It's your money. Others have persisted and got the results they desired. I was simply trying to help you get what I thought you wanted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/commen...ec_lowers_and/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Aero precision lower issues

I feel for you OP, that sucks and it’s infuriating when it feels like a company blows you off.
    However, I’m a technician at a good auto repair shop and we often get cars brought to us that have intermittent problems.
    Since we are paid by the job (flatrate), I cant spent too much time on one car or I don’t get a paycheck. It’s very frustrating for me and the customer when the car doesn’t play nice. Unfortunately it seems the lower did not play nice at the shop. I’m glad to see that recommendation about the 9mm catch. That’s a great idea.
    I hope you get this sorted. I have loved all the Aero uppers, lowers and parts I’ve used.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea, intermittent car problems are frustrating. The scenario is more like taking my chevy to a chevy dealer when it's under warranty and them not fixing it. I spent money on a car, I want a working car. Besides, I've never taken my car to the shop with an intermittent problem and the mechanic, being unable to replicate it after an apathetic examination, return it to me and tell me that I'm wrong and the car is in perfect working order and I must be doing something wrong when I drive. Even if the guy does fantastic work 99% of the time I'd probably not go back to him any time soon.

One person at aero even suggested the gun was under-gassed and that could be the problem....lol. It's clear they don't know their head from their elbow.
    Oh well, I do think the 9mm bolt catch is going to work though. I'll be ordering parts soon and give it a try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    By all means do what you like. It's your money. Others have persisted and got the results they desired. I was simply trying to help you get what I thought you wanted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/commen...ec_lowers_and/
    Thanks, I checked out that link....sounds like we need to start up a GoFundMe for aero so we can buy them some calipers.

Feedback Score
    I have seen stranger things, but i have 3 Aero lowers and none have had problems.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    No problem. Let me know when you get your desired results doing it your way.

The $60 part you have misunderstood. None of which matters. Your mind is set. Good luck. Or should I say, sorry for the bad luck.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post
    I have seen stranger things, but i have 3 Aero lowers and none have had problems.
    That's good because if you ever get a lemon they won't help you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I have seen this with many brands of lowers, mostly more budget minded ones, but from time to time it happens on more respected brands.

Since Aero won't help, my advice would be to buy a 9mm AR Bolt Catch and cut the engagement tab down to fit this out of spec lower.

FWIW, I don't like Aero products at all.
    That's pretty cool. 9mm repair tool. Reminds me of installing a 9mm / .38 super slide stop in a malfunctioning (lock back) 1911 when the .45acp slide stop doesn't quite reach the magazine follower. Hope you get the problem resolved OP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ymmv, but aero precision is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123