Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of old Bushmaster safe queen

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's weird that we are calling a 1999 gun "old".
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I have a Bushmaster CAR-15 type from I believe year 1999. It has only fired about 100 rounds and has sat in the safe ever since. I have the original Bushmaster case it came in, and the plastic bag with the 10 round mag, sling, and all papers has never been opened.

Any idea what it's worth?
    A few years back, when there wasn't a buying panic, I bought an unfired Bushmaster carbine without the factory box for $550. The seller included 250 rounds of quality factory ammunition, a locking case, cleaning kit, several 30 round magazines, the paperwork that came with the carbine and a Wilderness sling. I had to remove the barrel and properly index it, stake the bolt carrier gas key screws, etc., before I used it.

A carbine in the condition you stated would bring $450 to $500 in my area.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Perfect! You wanted a piece of shit AR as a trunk gun right? Well there you go, don't even need to spend a dime.
    LOL. You win the internet for today, sir.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Perfect! You wanted a piece of shit AR as a trunk gun right? Well there you go, don't even need to spend a dime.
    OR....Given the thread above this one about Colts latest guns, he could use the one he bought and have the same thing......Funny how things change....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If that's the case, I'll throw the old Bushie in the vehicle, and use the 6920 for the house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If that's the case, I'll throw the old Bushie in the vehicle, and use the 6920 for the house.
    My "truck" gun is my most beat up 6920. I think the main thing is to get past the point where you've smacked the pretty off it before relegating it to the gun rack in the pickemup truck.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That Bushy isn't worth much today. Leave it unfired and flip it during the next election.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I almost fell for one back in 1997.

I was new to guns and the guy at the counter told me that was what the military used.

I was excited.

I ended up with a Glock and it was a decade later I ever got into rifles.

I would have been disappointed to own one since Colts were the real deal back in those days.

I don't think you'll get much for it.

You might as well keep it rather than sell for a loss.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    That Bushy isn't worth much today. Leave it unfired and flip it during the next election.
    Very much this.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12