Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of old Bushmaster safe queen

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Value of old Bushmaster safe queen

I have a Bushmaster CAR-15 type from I believe year 1999. It has only fired about 100 rounds and has sat in the safe ever since. I have the original Bushmaster case it came in, and the plastic bag with the 10 round mag, sling, and all papers has never been opened.

Any idea what it's worth?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Value of old Bushmaster safe queen

Less than you paid for it.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 02-14-19 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    Sad, but most likely true. I have a Bushmaster Dissipator nearly as old. I think I paid just over $800 new.
    I just put together a mid-length PSA for about $369 (rifle kit from PSA even came with a Magpul rear sight and PSA’s enhanced trigger). I bought several $40 lowers about two years ago. $369 includes the cost of the lower.

I know the Freedom barrel is a cheaper barrel than the chrome lined one from Bushmaster, but I don’t know if it “matters”.

Feedback Score
    Too bad it's only 1999. If it was 1994 or older, it would probably go for $1500 or more as a pre-ban in AWB states.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Perfect! You wanted a piece of shit AR as a trunk gun right? Well there you go, don't even need to spend a dime.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Perfect! You wanted a piece of shit AR as a trunk gun right? Well there you go, don't even need to spend a dime.
    So much win in this comment.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    So much win in this comment.
    Indeed!

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would have just thrown that rifle in my truck and called it good....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I have a Bushmaster CAR-15 type from I believe year 1999. It has only fired about 100 rounds and has sat in the safe ever since. I have the original Bushmaster case it came in, and the plastic bag with the 10 round mag, sling, and all papers has never been opened.

Any idea what it's worth?
    The description is ambiguous. What is the exact configuration? Barrel profile and length? Muzzle device? Upper receiver type (A1, C7, or A2)? Stock type? Buffer tube type (3-position or 4)?

As far as value goes, you could be looking anywhere from $400 to around $600 depending on how bad a buyer wants it and how it is configured. Older Windham, ME Bushmasters were well built and still appeal to some AR collectors. Personally, I like the older Bushmasters. Desirability is going to be determined by the configuration. Obviously, it sounds as though it is in excellent condition and that helps with its value. Pics would help too.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    The description is ambiguous. What is the exact configuration? Barrel profile and length? Muzzle device? Upper receiver type (A1, C7, or A2)? Stock type? Buffer tube type (3-position or 4)?

As far as value goes, you could be looking anywhere from $400 to around $600 depending on how bad a buyer wants it and how it is configured. Older Windham, ME Bushmasters were well built and still appeal to some AR collectors. Personally, I like the older Bushmasters. Desirability is going to be determined by the configuration. Obviously, it sounds as though it is in excellent condition and that helps with its value. Pics would help too.
    I like the older Bushmaster guns as well. I have several of them, bought fairly inexpensively including several factory 14.5" guns. Just really handy those "Izzy" models. Most came with an A1 style upper. I have pulled those, sold the uppers to "Retro Guys" for good money and replaced them with flat tops.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast