Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

Feedback Score
    My take away from all this it seems like colt has a constancy problem one day they put out c stamped carriers in their rifles then the next day non marked. I dont know if that’s the case but it sure the way it’s sounding to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Edit Harley Davidson has not caught up with “modern manufacturing”.
    Colt is way ahead of them.
    Hater.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Get it through your heads, Colt outsources major components, just like everybody else who manufactures things. That's how it works. Their BCGS come from Microbest, their small parts come from Scmidt Tool. Their receiver extensions are made by somebody else, and so forth. All is well with the world! Colt still makes a good rifle, the boogie man does not live in your closet, Obama isn't your President, you can dance if you want to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

Deleted

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Hater.
    You say that like it's a Bad Thing
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    He isn't wrong. A have gotten a number of Colt uppers last week that don't have any markings identifying them as Colt. They do not have a C mark. They do not have a CAGE code.
    This is devastating for those in the business of parting out Colt uppers and complete rifles as it's now impossible to prove the provenance of the parts as genuine Colt to prospective customers.
    Last edited by SE Flyer; 02-15-19 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Hater.
    No. Facts. I dont own a motorcycle so I dont have emotional investment.
    Materials and specifications managment. Swap or track parts on 10 colts or 10 HD. See how many still work without hand fitting or can be traced to original raw material.

Most industries are moving towards outsourcing parts and controlling end products quality. Its the basis for the success of large automotive manufacturers and aerospace. Its trickling down to smaller products.

This stuff cracks me up. How many people know what company made their ecm board? Holy shit- Masaerati doesnt make EVERYTHING in-house!? Guess Im buying a fiat.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-15-19 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Get it through your heads, Colt outsources major components, just like everybody else who manufactures things. That's how it works. Their BCGS come from Microbest, their small parts come from Scmidt Tool. Their receiver extensions are made by somebody else, and so forth. All is well with the world! Colt still makes a good rifle, the boogie man does not live in your closet, Obama isn't your President, you can dance if you want to.
    And I'll just about guarantee you Microbest and Scmid Tool ship the same parts to rifle builders many of us consider to be purveyors of junk. The biggest difference between top tier and bottom tier rifles has always been QC, attention to assembly details and the roll mark.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Even if the BCGs are made in the same place Colt ones are, that doesn't necessarily mean they're the same. Different companies submit different orders with different QC requirements. If OEM Manufacturer X produces a marginal BCG, it may not meet the requirements for Colt's order but fit the bill perfectly for an assembler like PSA, and thus get shipped to PSA.
    I have seen this stated many times but never seen any actual proof that it's true. Further, in some cases, take Palmetto FN marked barrels-actual FN logo marked barrels, I think it's a crock. There is no way FN puts their roll mark on a "second" and let's it out the door, no way.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhard View Post
    My take away from all this it seems like colt has a constancy problem one day they put out c stamped carriers in their rifles then the next day non marked. I dont know if that’s the case but it sure the way it’s sounding to me.
    Been that way awhile. Some of their magazine bodies had an intertwined CH stamped on them while others had intertwined UI that looked like a lesser brand of magazine.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast