Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAD "Rack" charging handle

Feedback Score

BAD "Rack" charging handle

Did some research, can't seem to find any reviews are these to new for feed back?

Currently use Raptor and BCM ambidextrous charging handles and was thinking of trying either the Geissele or the BAD "Rack" for my SBR build.

Looking for feed back on the BAD "Rack" charging handle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    Did some research, can't seem to find any reviews are these to new for feed back?

Currently use Raptor and BCM ambidextrous charging handles and was thinking of trying either the Geissele or the BAD "Rack" for my SBR build.

Looking for feed back on the BAD "Rack" charging handle.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...arging-handle/
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Geissele airborne and bought my dad one for his Kino. We both love ours. I’ll never buy another CH because the Geissele so nice.

Specifically, I appreciate the checkered pattern and curved latches; this makes it very easy to use even in sub optimal conditions. I did a training course when it was 100 degrees in TN and had no problems performing malfunction drills with sweaty hands. I also like how easily the latches open on BOTH sides. I have a BCM 4x4 where the latch on the right side of the gun (for lefties) is noticeably more difficult to actuate than the latch on the left side. The Geissele is the same on both sides, and much smoother than the BCM. Lastly, I like the gas buster style ledge on the Geissele. I don’t shoot surpressed, but it is a good feature for those who do. It’s about the same price as a 4x4, so I can’t imagine what a $125 CH would do better.

ETA photos: https://imgur.com/a/ruVmiEm

The 4x4 Gunfighter is a good CH in it’s own right, and I still use it on my HD bedside gun. I’m just saying the Geissele is superior in every way. YMMV.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 04-03-19 at 13:57. Reason: Photos, typos

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the article in post #2
    The downside of this design is that if you apply exactly equal pressure to both sides of the handle, it won’t unlatch.
    Personally this seems goofy as hell to me. I’d definitely pass on it and get the Geissele (either SCH or ACH)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This charging handle stuff is getting ridiculous. I remember telling someone JOKINGLY that "one day theyll charge a $100 for damned charging handle"..I was right!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I have a radian raptor and I like It but you can never go wrong with anything geissele makes.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    This charging handle stuff is getting ridiculous. I remember telling someone JOKINGLY that "one day theyll charge a $100 for damned charging handle"..I was right!
    Agreed.

$125 is over half way to a quality barrel, and yet these things sell because they “feel so good in the hand”? If people actually shot their rifles they’d realize you can go an entire freaking day at the range and use your charging handle once.

The most frustrating part is that someone who spends $125 on a charging handle is the exact same person who will buy the cheapest barrel possible from some new barrel maker because it’s “just as good as”.

Then when they finally take it to the range they will spend all day clearing malfunctions with their new awesome CH and rant and rave about how good it is because they used their CH more in a day than any of us do in a year.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-04-19 at 05:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Agreed.

$125 is over half way to a quality barrel, and yet these things sell because they “feel so good in the hand”? If people actually shot their rifles they’d realize you can go an entire freaking day at the range and use your charging handle once.

The most frustrating part is that someone who spends $125 on a charging handle is the exact same person who will buy the cheapest barrel possible from some new barrel maker because it’s “just as good as”.

Then when they finally take it to the range they will spend all day clearing malfunctions with their new awesome CH and rant and rave about how good it is because they used their CH more in a day than any of us do in a year.
    Dang, you sound like me talking, there. I agree.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast