Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Can someone tell me what all markings to look for or is there some thread that outlines it all?

I just checked a 6720 that I bought late 2017 and it has a C on the upper and a C on the barrel.

If the one sitting at my FFL is missing stuff I wonder if guns Midwest will take it back on those grounds.
    Do not complete the transfer. Don't even fill out the 4473 without thoroughly inspecting it first. They will be less likely to take it back once the transfer is complete. You will probably be charged a restocking fee and freight since there isn't anything wrong with it in their eyes.
    Last edited by TexHill; 02-14-19 at 21:06.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is a downer. I was pretty well all set to buy a 6933CK upper receiver assembly with my tax return. I'm wondering if I should just go with a BCM at this point.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Can someone tell me what all markings to look for or is there some thread that outlines it all?

I just checked a 6720 that I bought late 2017 and it has a C on the upper and a C on the barrel.

If the one sitting at my FFL is missing stuff I wonder if guns Midwest will take it back on those grounds.
    I guess another question is - When did this start? And how much old stock is out there?
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah this is a pretty bold thread. I'd certainly like more facts and details.

Feedback Score
    Also curious to see if this is true for the CM762.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Maybe it's a good thing?

If my last Colt lower receiver was any indication of their willingness to make quality components themselves in house, then I'd rather them have someone else do the work for them, because they apparently don't care themselves.

The last lower I bought from them through Brownells looked like a titanium toothed beaver gnawed on it pre anodizing.

Sad times, but LMT and KAC exist so it could always be worse.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Here's a shocking newsflash which has been discussed before. Colt has only made a few components in house anyways. LPK's for at least 15 years were coming from elsewhere, BCG's components were shipped in and assembled, etc.. etc..

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can someone/anyone please tell me the good news?

This is getting depressing...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score

Cool

i'm not depressed. I just picked up my new Colt CCU yesterday and I'm happy. Like Iraqgunz said, this is nothing new.
    As for the naysayers that aren't buying Colt anymore; more for me.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Without the proper markings you can't 100% trust where it came from. I'll guarantee you that there are unscrupulous dealers out there who would swap shit parts for genuine Colt-marked ones, especially now that there's "cover" to do so.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast