Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Soooooo, why pay $200 for a Colt BCG when PSA is $80, Toolcraft is $100, SIONICS and Centurion are $130, SOLGW is $150, BCM is $170, Daniel Defense is $180?

At some point Colt buyers have to admit they’re paying for a name.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Colt should never release a gun with a brace.

Considering the quality of the average complete AR pistol these days Colt would probably be smart to make a 10.3/10.5/11.5 SBA3 pistol, instead of waiting 10+ years like they did with the midlength gas system.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Although I agree on the quality taking some time to degrade, I'm assuming you paid what a Colt BCG goes for...around 200 dollars. People paid the premium for them because they met certain requirements and were all tested in a particular way. If some of these things are no longer true than at that point you are simply paying a premium for the name alone. So you say it has yet to explode on you or malfunction..true....but you could probably say the same thing about a hundred dollar toolcraft BCG too....or any other AR bcg that costs half as much as a colt does now.
    I agree with you 100%, but like I said any degradation in quality will take time to show its' ugly head. So if empirical data comes out that would suggest my Colt bcg is nothing more than a $200 paper weight, than that's something I will have to address at that time. If that did happen, I'd simply start buying bcgs from other known good suppliers. I would put Daniel Defense, and BCM at the top of my list. As it is, the fit and finish of the two most recent Colt bcgs I've purchased are on par with anything I've seen from the two 6920 rifles I've owned in the past. One caveat though, one of my Colt bcgs is a replacement which I received from Colt, when I purchased a Colt bcg from a vendor in Las Vegas which looked like a factory second when I received it. However Colt customer service stood by their product, and took care of me by replacing it. It's that kind of customer care that makes me willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, until actual data comes in to suggest things are not as good as they used to be.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Considering the quality of the average complete AR pistol these days Colt would probably be smart to make a 10.3/10.5/11.5 SBA3 pistol, instead of waiting 10+ years like they did with the midlength gas system.

They need to release more factory SBRs and more smooth monoliths, not complete in the low-end market that is awash in junk pistols.
    Last edited by scottryan; 02-21-19 at 16:35.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    But only because you think braces are stupid.

Not because it would potentially help them generate revenue and cater to what the citizen market is buying; which are the same two things that most agree Colt has done a poor job of in the last number of years.

Because they are stupid.

They are also a legal liability

They are also low-end junk.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow....there is way too much FAIL in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Soooooo, why pay $200 for a Colt BCG when PSA is $80, Toolcraft is $100, SIONICS and Centurion are $130, SOLGW is $150, BCM is $170, Daniel Defense is $180?

At some point Colt buyers have to admit they’re paying for a name.
    Well... I bought genuine, new Colt BCG’s for $125.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Well... I bought genuine, new Colt BCG’s for $125.
    Wow! Where?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    My new colt I got today. No marking on the upper, cage code on the barrel, C marked carrier, a weird marking on the bolt, unlike any colt I’ve seen in the past, super faint. Barrel has a date of 08/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    One thing I forgot to mention, the FSB isn’t “F” marked, I planned on replacing it with an F mark one that I had extra. However the pins are drilled in different locations. So replacing the non f marked one isn’t an option. However they are of the same height.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention, the FSB isn’t “F” marked, I planned on replacing it with an F mark one that I had extra. However the pins are drilled in different locations. So replacing the non f marked one isn’t an option. However they are of the same height.

Colt fsb are all “F” height now, and for that reason they no longer mark them with the F. And yes, swapping fsb on a barrel already drilled for one is not really feasible.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast