Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Pelosi, gun emergency..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    How can we not expect this from our the politician and government employee crime gang. Where have we all been for the last 50 years?
    It goes back much further than 50 years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Don't have to go too far to find folks that are there. Parents of a troubled teen in Cherokee county called 911 worried that he would hurt himself.

Swat sniper showed up, did not get briefed, saw the kid come out with a handgun, took him out.

Or the senior citizen in a nursing home that got agitated, and was shot in bed because "he had a weapon". (Cane). Staff said if we had known you were going to shoot him we would not have called.

I am pro officer, feel most are trying hard to do an extremely hard job. But I do think the tac mindset/militarization has gone too far.

I'm not talking training, or patrol carbines.

My first thought on the above was how does Cherokee county justify having snipers? I don't discount the need for swat type resources. But does every Podunk town need a swat team in a bearcat? (Dallas, powder Springs, Smyrna, Hiram, Acworth, Kennesaw, etc?)

Middle of the night burglers, yep, calling 911. Family dispute? Neighbors? Not so much, last resort.
    I feel you, bro. I do. Lord I do.

You see in Georgia our good officers are really really good but our dumb ones are really really dumb.

I went through sniper school (officially police countersniper) but I don’t have this idea that I am Carlos Hathcock or Chuck Mawhinney. A LOT of stuff, especially in whiteytown, can be resolved just by talking to people. A lot of these younger folks think they got something to prove. I am not my job. I’m just Firefly. A kinda weird guy who likes retro games and Bailey Jay too much. Not a commando. Not a hero. I poop like everyone else.

I always tell folks, just take five minutes to figure out what is going on. Save yourself some grief and paperwork

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Saw this on another site.

#California citizens try to comply with the law, register their guns and BOOM! #DOJ shows up and confiscates this guy’s AR pistols which he modified to comply with the law. Registration doesn’t lead to confiscation huh? They state right in the video that building an AR is a felony and they'd arrest him.

https://www.facebook.com/pat.hand.92...69741579861351
    Last edited by jmp45; 02-21-19 at 09:41.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112