Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi, gun emergency..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    More proof that the ComDems are outright liars and are only interested in disarming the law abiding American citizens.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...kground-checks

I wonder if Moms Needing Action and Hoggboy will be protesting in front of Pelosi's office to have this amendment added to HR8?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    There may yet come a time when people simply stop dialing 911. Really most people who do are other thuggies snitching on their homies or some ghetto heifer whining about child support.

Snip....

It no longer “makes sense” to play Delta Force in suburbia.
    Don't have to go too far to find folks that are there. Parents of a troubled teen in Cherokee county called 911 worried that he would hurt himself.

Swat sniper showed up, did not get briefed, saw the kid come out with a handgun, took him out.

Or the senior citizen in a nursing home that got agitated, and was shot in bed because "he had a weapon". (Cane). Staff said if we had known you were going to shoot him we would not have called.

I am pro officer, feel most are trying hard to do an extremely hard job. But I do think the tac mindset/militarization has gone too far.

I'm not talking training, or patrol carbines.

My first thought on the above was how does Cherokee county justify having snipers? I don't discount the need for swat type resources. But does every Podunk town need a swat team in a bearcat? (Dallas, powder Springs, Smyrna, Hiram, Acworth, Kennesaw, etc?)

Middle of the night burglers, yep, calling 911. Family dispute? Neighbors? Not so much, last resort.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Don't have to go too far to find folks that are there. Parents of a troubled teen in Cherokee county called 911 worried that he would hurt himself.

Swat sniper showed up, did not get briefed, saw the kid come out with a handgun, took him out.

Or the senior citizen in a nursing home that got agitated, and was shot in bed because "he had a weapon". (Cane). Staff said if we had known you were going to shoot him we would not have called.

I am pro officer, feel most are trying hard to do an extremely hard job. But I do think the tac mindset/militarization has gone too far.

I'm not talking training, or patrol carbines.

My first thought on the above was how does Cherokee county justify having snipers? I don't discount the need for swat type resources. But does every Podunk town need a swat team in a bearcat? (Dallas, powder Springs, Smyrna, Hiram, Acworth, Kennesaw, etc?)

Middle of the night burglers, yep, calling 911. Family dispute? Neighbors? Not so much, last resort.
    People often fail to understand the psychological side of things as it pertains to police militarization. The "war on xxxx" mentality, military uniforms, training, etc. makes (some) cops feel like soldiers rather than keepers of the peace. Its dangerous and creates the massive divide we see between police and the general public.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    People often fail to understand the psychological side of things as it pertains to police militarization. The "war on xxxx" mentality, military uniforms, training, etc. makes (some) cops feel like soldiers rather than keepers of the peace. Its dangerous and creates the massive divide we see between police and the general public.
    I would have to say that is indeed an accurate observation. Mostly the younger gung-ho guys with a flattop, maybe a little "juicy" and definitely aggressive. There are probably some of them who can't seem to differentiate between the streets of Fallujah and Anytown USA. The older dudes seem to be a bit more laid back; not lackadaisical or complacent mind you, but not ready to double-tap or MMA anyone who sets them off. May just be that they're a little older (and all that comes with it) and more seasoned.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-17-19 at 20:10.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I would have to say that is indeed an accurate observation. Mostly the younger gung-ho guys with a flattop, maybe a little "juicy" and definitely aggressive. The older dudes seem to be a bit more laid back; not lackadaisical or complacent mind you, but not ready to double-tap or MMA anyone who sets them off. May just be that they're a little older (and all that comes with it) and more seasoned.
    Its called BTDT, lett the young guys have the action, do the reports, and go to court on their days off

Feedback Score
    sadly I think its just society and people today the amount of over achiever or under achievers are more and the internet brings all the info to you super easy to think OH that operator dude is getting this youtube channel I need to be Mr Bad *$$ to

just think the extremes are happening everywhere anymore sadly like the antifa crap they do NOTHING to them even let them block side walks and destroy business and property and NOTHING again !
    but then some other dude does nothing and gets tackled and tazed ? its just bizzare anymore and agree the trust is gone

I do know form the side some prosecutors have said the problem they are having is cases can not be prosecuted cause LEO went to far and says everyone needs to just stay in line do the job and the same goes for prosecutors not wanting to do something or over doing it and going into judge territory and then the judges now are so political leaning in decisions ? just sounds like the extremes are happening everywhere anymore

and of course our gov is prime example of this its like all they can do its try to create laws and control at a insane rate

Feedback Score
    How fast it gets to the SCOTUS will be the question.
    How many times has SCOTUS ruled in favor of the 2A and leftist state and local governments still continue to pass laws that are anti-2A? Too damned many.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finger fumble
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-17-19 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would have to say that is indeed an accurate observation. Mostly the younger gung-ho guys with a flattop, maybe a little "juicy" and definitely aggressive. There are probably some of them who can't seem to differentiate between the streets of Fallujah and Anytown USA. The older dudes seem to be a bit more laid back; not lackadaisical or complacent mind you, but not ready to double-tap or MMA anyone who sets them off. May just be that they're a little older (and all that comes with it) and more seasoned.
    Or there could be an area &/or individual component to it. The Houston officer was far from a newbie. Similar incidents frequently end up with the officer being allowed to retire with a recent example of the SLC officer assaulting the nurse for not assisting him in breaking the law coming to mind.

Feedback Score
    How can we not expect this from our the politician and government employee crime gang. Where have we all been for the last 50 years?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast