Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi, gun emergency..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Pelosi has stated, if trump can declare and emergency so can any Dem president in regards to guns...here we go..
    Ummmmm, no really he can't or for damn sure it would have happened already Nancy.
    Does she even Constitution?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A "gun emergency"?

Why not declare a "death emergency" and make it illegal to die?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A "gun emergency"?

Why not declare a "death emergency" and make it illegal to die?
    Pay yo taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    There's no 'there' there....

Feedback Score

The Endgame on Gun Control Begins

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...rgency-on-guns

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday issued a warning to Republicans poised to support President Trump's decision to declare a national emergency at the southern border: the next Democratic president, she said, could do the same on guns.

"A Democratic president can declare emergencies, as well," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "So the precedent that the president is setting here is something that should be met with great unease and dismay by the Republicans."

Doug Heye, a Republican strategist and former aide to former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), sounded a similar warning on Thursday, moments after the White House announcement.

"Make no mistake: the next Democratic President will declare national emergencies on guns and climate change and cite the Trump precedent when doing so," Heye tweeted.
    My take: If they're even talking about it they will do it. We are literally ONE presidential election away from losing our gun rights. This is the beginning of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for gun owners.

BUY YOUR STUFF NOW.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    BUY YOUR STUFF NOW.
    I'm trying! I'm not made of money though.
    But even if I get everything I need, how much of a victory is it to be living in a house full of contraband that I can't even take to the range?
    That's not what living in a "free" country is supposed to be like.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    But even if I get everything I need, how much of a victory is it to be living in a house full of contraband that I can't even take to the range?
    This is the model. There will not be a confiscation, there will be a delegalization.

Someone has to press Pelosi on the national gun emergency- what does she exactly mean. You realize that this is manna from heaven for the next election. Elect a Dem and your guns are gone- no laws, no court cases- they said they are coming for your guns. She can stay with the current statement which you can then turn to mean that they won't even say what they are going to do- or they can get to particulars which will either be too ineffective and piss off their base, or too invasive and energize Trump's base.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    This is the model. There will not be a confiscation, there will be a delegalization.

Someone has to press Pelosi on the national gun emergency- what does she exactly mean. You realize that this is manna from heaven for the next election. Elect a Dem and your guns are gone- no laws, no court cases- they said they are coming for your guns. She can stay with the current statement which you can then turn to mean that they won't even say what they are going to do- or they can get to particulars which will either be too ineffective and piss off their base, or too invasive and energize Trump's base.
    I think they will get clever. They will run someone who "appears" to have a decent record on guns and once that person is in office it's a free-for-all of gun bans, registration, deadlines to turn in magazines, etc.

I no longer trust the Democrat party to be stupid or shoot themselves in the foot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    "And This is How Civil Wars Begin..."

Feedback Score
    And the drums just keep beating...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast