Thread: Unity ATOM vs Agency AOC RMR cut

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Unity ATOM vs Agency AOC RMR cut

So looking to formerly jump into the pistol/red dot game.

Unity option has been going strong for awhile now and has a solid reputation.

The Agency option looks good as well and I like how the optic sits a bit lower in the slide compared to the UNITY and MOS set ups for that matter. Future proofing is an added benefit as it looks like the future will be ACRO. Both options utilize optic specific plates so no issues there.

So anyone have hands on time with both enough to draw a comparison in reliability? Price is about the same so that’s a wash.

Also what’s the word on ALS holster compatibility with the BUIS in front of the optic?

I’m not sure what my preference, in front of or behind, is more ideal for me. Nobody local that I know shoots optic ready glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 02-15-19 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve never seen the N.H. option but if you haven’t already checked out my impressions on the ATOM, I made a thread on here in the last two years I think.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I must have missed it

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I must have missed it

Forgot to mention if I opt for the unity I’m just going to send the slide to Mark at L&M

Feedback Score
    I can only comment on sight placement as I use direct mounts currently
    I prefer behind the optic:
    1. Its cheaper/easier to machine and I use stock ns
    2. Front of rmr is flat for racking, a sight in front makes a step
    3. After thousands of rounds - no dings on glass from glass
    4. Added point of reference should rmr get caked with shit- no clue if its a benefit- but i use the rear/front in low light if for some reason the dot isnt there.
    9. It looks better?

All things equal- i like it behind but wouldnt hesistate to use a sight in fron of the rmr.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

So anyone have hands on time with both enough to draw a comparison in reliability? Price is about the same so that’s a wash.

As a long time Unity owner and naturally curious person, I am interested in AOS, at least in an academic sense but I think there will be a long time before we get enough user reports. As I had mentioned in another thread, I've only heard of couple of people going AOS route, they had some delays in receiving their orders, but so far I've not heard anything negative. For my personal preferences, I would value using the rear sight in both location on the same gun according to my specific needs at a given moment, but the truth is that I've no more Glocks left that aren't optic enabled. That to me defines the issue that I think AOS will be dealing with - coming a bit late to the market.