Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter IL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Perfect example of why “the we need universal background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals” crowd is full of sh!t.

This POS was a felon for aggravated assault in Mississippi back in 1995, yet he passed a Illinois State Police background check in 2014 and was issued an IL Firearm Owner ID. While he presumably lied on the 4473, he passed the NICS check when he purchased the handgun at a retail shop in Aurora. When he submitted finger prints as part of his CCW application the ISP finally realized that he was indeed a felon, declined his CCW and suspended his FOID. The ISP notified the Aurora PD of the suspended FOID, but it is unclear what if any action was taken after that.
    He was sent a letter informing him to surrender his firearm to the nearest PD or sheriff's office. There was no follow up done beyond that.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Sadly the place was a GFZ (saw the “no Beretta” stickers in news clips), so employees were left defenseless. Good on the police officers to rush in there and risk their lives to stop the shooter.
    Girlfriends cousin and uncle both work there and were present, both have ccw and left their guns in their cars, they lucked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Girlfriends cousin and uncle both work there and were present, both have ccw and left their guns in their cars, they lucked out.
    Thats definately something id take up with management.

You are either responsible for security/protection, or you are not.
    This definately demands a corrective action.

Feedback Score
    Shooter is black and wasn't supposed to have a gun. The victims weren't white kids, the gun wasn't an AR.

Squirrel.....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Its chicagoistan...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Thats definately something id take up with management.

You are either responsible for security/protection, or you are not.
    This definately demands a corrective action.

I would like to see the employees sue the business for failing to keep them safe and disallowing concealed carry.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I would like to see the employees sue the business for failing to keep them safe and disallowing concealed carry.
    And whatever local law enforcement agency that knew he illegally possessed a firearms and asked him to turn it in instead of going and arresting him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I know of one business around Chicago that did that math and decided that posting "No Beretta" signs would be more of a liability than allowing people to carry. Granted, the owners are conservatives, but it is a pretty big facility. I've always wondered what the insurance people actually say.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I know of one business around Chicago that did that math and decided that posting "No Beretta" signs would be more of a liability than allowing people to carry. Granted, the owners are conservatives, but it is a pretty big facility. I've always wondered what the insurance people actually say.
    I have a pretty small operation. On any given day I only have 12 to 14 people there. My employee handbook has had a section about concealed carry by employees that outlines the process to be allowed to carry at work. My insurance company has signed off on my handbook twice over 15 years and I've never changed the language. They do not ask for a copy every year. I have specifically asked my attorney to review my policy three times in the last decade and he can find no language that prohibits my employees from carrying. I have also asked him to review my policy in regards to allowing the public to carry in my business and there is nothing prohibiting it in my policy. Honestly, I bet the risk factors of firearms injuries and death in a business are low enough at this time that the insurance company is not too worried about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I have a pretty small operation. On any given day I only have 12 to 14 people there. My employee handbook has had a section about concealed carry by employees that outlines the process to be allowed to carry at work. My insurance company has signed off on my handbook twice over 15 years and I've never changed the language. They do not ask for a copy every year. I have specifically asked my attorney to review my policy three times in the last decade and he can find no language that prohibits my employees from carrying. I have also asked him to review my policy in regards to allowing the public to carry in my business and there is nothing prohibiting it in my policy. Honestly, I bet the risk factors of firearms injuries and death in a business are low enough at this time that the insurance company is not too worried about it.
    And that shows you how much of a 'problem' AS and CCW are. Insurance companies monetize everything.

Out of curiosity, do you make employees ask for permission?

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast