Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Active Shooter IL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    And that shows you how much of a 'problem' AS and CCW are. Insurance companies monetize everything.

Out of curiosity, do you make employees ask for permission?
    I do not. My wording is roughly (don't have a copy in front of me) employee concealed carry is allowed in accordance with Alaska state statutes for concealed carry and firearms possession. Open carry is not allowed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Insurance companies monetize everything.
    Yes, they do. Several years ago, before we were a Constitutional Carry State, a local school district announced they were going to allow teachers who had their CCW and some additional training to carry at school. Their insurance company promptly advised them that if they did so they would drop them.

Apparently the actuaries figured it was cheaper to pay for severalkids killed by a criminal, than one killed in an accident by a teacher.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    He was sent a letter informing him to surrender his firearm to the nearest PD or sheriff's office. There was no follow up done beyond that.
    Wait, you mean a felon continued to break the law even after being told to stop? Say it isn't so.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This has mostly been covered in this thread already but I saw this article and decided to share...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/il...cid=spartanntp

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    This has mostly been covered in this thread already but I saw this article and decided to share...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/il...cid=spartanntp
    Well sure, but they won't be held liable for their failure. The obvious solution is to pass another gun law.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123