Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noveske Light Recce Basic?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I dont know what pricing you are getting but if you really want one then get one, honestly they probably fixed the issue they had with whatever new company is cutting their receivers. Im just trying to put out a warning that current Noveske is a very different company than the John era Noveske so dont base your expectations on the older models out there.
    The pricing I'm looking at for the Noveske is $1300. The DDM4V5 is priced similarly. On their websites they're both insanely priced at $1730-$1960. Thanks for the warning.

Feedback Score
    I'll add my recent experience with Noveske. Less than a year ago I was in the market for a 13.7" barrel, and Noveske's CHF model fit the bill. I'm running an A5H2 buffer and I'm left-handed; it doesn't seem over-gassed to me but I'm not running a suppressor either. I wish I had measured the port before installing the gas block; I have no desire to unpin to measure it now.

I got a great deal on the barrel so the price wasn't an issue for me. Whether or not the value is there for a full-priced upper or rifle from Noveske is a personal thing. I can say that when funds allow, I will be picking up a 14.5" Afghan barrel to build another upper.

I should also note that my 13.7" is a hell of a shooter, far more accurate than I am capable of taking advantage of.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WEK207 View Post
    I'll add my recent experience with Noveske. Less than a year ago I was in the market for a 13.7" barrel, and Noveske's CHF model fit the bill. I'm running an A5H2 buffer and I'm left-handed; it doesn't seem over-gassed to me but I'm not running a suppressor either. I wish I had measured the port before installing the gas block; I have no desire to unpin to measure it now.

I got a great deal on the barrel so the price wasn't an issue for me. Whether or not the value is there for a full-priced upper or rifle from Noveske is a personal thing. I can say that when funds allow, I will be picking up a 14.5" Afghan barrel to build another upper.

I should also note that my 13.7" is a hell of a shooter, far more accurate than I am capable of taking advantage of.
    Thanks for telling.

I'm interested in anyone else who's bought a Noveske rifle/barrel lately too. I don't have my mind made up on the Noveske yet. It's between that, an LMT, or a Daniel Defense. I already have a BCM Mid 16, a Midwest Industries GI Carbine, and 1 home build consisting mostly of Radian, BCM, and VLTOR parts. They all have served me well over thousands of rounds, especially the BCM... but I'm lusting for something more high end.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Noveske now is not the Noveske of old, but if for some odd reason you had any problems, they will still take care of you.

If you have wanted a Noveske, it seems like its the right time for you to get one.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123