Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint, New or Used?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'll just pose this question: How many threads do you think I have seen here in the last ten years complaining about sumdood getting ripped off with a fake Aimpoint off eBay?

It's a positive integer, and well into the double-digits.

I buy stuff new from our forum sponsors when they have a sale. I think if you just save up another month or so, You'll have the necessary funds.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Dotto on fakes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    How many threads do you think I have seen here in the last ten years complaining about sumdood getting ripped off with a fake Aimpoint off eBay?

Well, that's why I asked... I did do a bit of research, and as far as I can tell, counterfeit PROs aren't an issue (yet?). Are they?

Full disclosure: I'm a frequent eBayer, for all sorts of stuff (tools, car parts, computer parts, etc.). I've had a couple disappointing experiences (after hundreds of transactions), but just following some basic precautions means I've never been ripped off...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not posing as an expert, but I personally would purchase a used Aimpoint only on this site from someone with history OR from somewhere like Clyde Armory who gets a batch in as tradeins. I did that with their Aimpoint Comp M3’s a few months ago. But really, if you already know what you like, I’d just buy new; I wasn’t sure when I picked up the Comp M3.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've bought several used PROs on this site from members with good feedback. Otherwise, I would buy new.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I only buy aimpoint used.

Feedback Score
    I have bought a used one on TOS for $325 which is in love with what they go for used ($300-350). It was basically means new and came with a mount.

I have seen them in here on the EE several times as well for decent prices

The Geiselle deal posted a page back came WITH their mount and that is a solid deal

If you want just the optic a Brownells code with discount and free shipping might be your best bet

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Am I a fool to consider a used PRO?
    From the M4C equipment exchange? No.

From fleabay, glamazon, or the like? YES!

I've bought from here (and a couple of other reputable boards) with no issues. You take your life in your hands, if Chinese knockoffs are sold side-by-side.

And I've bought used CompM2's that went through hell & back, with no issues. Aimpoints are just that tough.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The fact that used pros and complete m2s readily sell used for 75% of new price tells you it's pretty safe if you are careful.

That said, that's not enough of a discount to give up a clean warranty. I wait for sales/coupon and buy from known vendors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    The fact that used pros and complete m2s readily sell used for 75% of new price tells you it's pretty safe if you are careful.

That said, that's not enough of a discount to give up a clean warranty. I wait for sales/coupon and buy from known vendors.

I'm still spit-balling ideas and thinking about this...

It now occurs to me that I'm probably going to need a cantilever mount, and then buying a "combo" means that there isn't much discount in buying used.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast