Thread: Trausch grips for the SP101...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trausch grips for the SP101...

I think I'm getting a set of Trausch grips for my SP101 (have not heard back from seller yet). Now I hear that the grips for SP101's before or after 2010 are different.

Ideally I would like to put these on my 4.2" but it may not work. Any idea what the difference that may cause them not to fit would be? Any ideas for solutions (other than buying an older SP101 obviously). Are odler SP101's available with the same style of adjustable sights as the 4.2"?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brother, Im just now seeing this, forgive the late answer.
    Im wondering who your seller is? if you are/were trying to contact Trausch himself, he died several years ago and the company went out of business.
    Also, if a private individual, may I ask what the price is?
    I ran/carried/owned a 3" SP101 for a long time. LOVED the gun, was very accurate & powerful. I ordered and installed a set of Trausch grips on mine- LOVED THEM.
    Really made a difference on the SP. I kept them when I sold the gun...Ill get another SP101 one day.
    I do recall some grip change in the Ruger, BUT..and I very well may be wrong..seems to me I recall the change NOT affecting the Trausch grips.
    I hope you get them, and I hope they fit, as they really are THE best grips for the SP101.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It didn't pan out. The seller never responded. Bummer.

Feedback Score
    Chapuis Armes, who is the current manufacturer of MR88 revolvers that are patterned after the SP101 are still offering the MR88 with Trausch grips.

https://chapuis-armes.com/en/manhurin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
    Chapuis Armes, who is the current manufacturer of MR88 revolvers that are patterned after the SP101 are still offering the MR88 with Trausch grips.

https://chapuis-armes.com/en/manhurin
    May I ask where you see those are Trausch grips? I read all I could..I did not see it advertised as such.
    The only way those could be Trausch grips, is from them buying the last of the inventory when Mr. Trausch died. I was personally told by his second in command over the phone that there would be no further production.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    The Trausch grips are on the silver-colored revolver at the bottom of the linked page, but there didn't seem to be any way to order the grips alone.