Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Factory AR's

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Seems to me they responded to the PMAG issue being discussed here, awhile back.

IIRC.
    They never did. Their official response is along the lines that PMAGs aren't milspec and their lowers work with milspec mags. While I would've preferred that they own up, acknowledge, and fix it (they don't even make mags so I don't see what the big deal is), I'd still be ok if they just quietly fix it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My three BCM lowers (roughly 2012, 2013, and 2016 production) all drop M3 PMAGs just fine. My KAC stripped lower, with a Colt mag release installed, won’t drop M3s or Lancers. The magwell is too narrow and squeezes the sides of the PMAG so they only drop about half an inch. M2 PMAGs sometimes get caught just before they clear the magwell. The top inch or so of the mag gets caught at the rear of the magwell and dangles. I think it will probably smooth out a bit over time, at least with M2s. Of course, this is also one of the KAC lowers with the extra long trigger guard “ears” that needed the special KAC trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How did a thread based on the given question turn into the idiocy of where it is now? Start a new thread if you want to discuss BCM lowers and how they “don’t work” with your PMAG...

When you start the new thread, please make sure you give specifics.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    How did a thread based on the given question turn into the idiocy of where it is now? Start a new thread if you want to discuss BCM lowers and how they “don’t work” with your PMAG...

When you start the new thread, please make sure you give specifics.
    Well, how about we break it down you so you can follow the discussion? The OP wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Since most factory AR's source their components from OEM manufacturers and then assemble in house, who do you trust to #1 source quality components, #2 have the best QC, #3 quality workmanship, #4 warranty and customer service? To me BCM ranks at the top of checking all those boxes and then some. BCM has built brand recognition not only with the items listed above but also in the area of product development and T&E.
    I would say that the question of whether BCM lowers work with various brands of magazines could be directly related to all four of the questions he posed, whether you agree with the assessment thst it’s an issue or not.

OffixerX asked a pretty valid question. I think the original topic / questions have been hashed to death here, but that doesn’t mean the subsequent discussion isn’t relevant to the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I agree with you, but what is the point of this thread?
    Subsequent posts expanded on the topic with a list of other manufacturers that the posters thought met the criteria that the OP laid out. Another poster challenged whether one of those brands did in fact meet those criteria and gave his personal opinion about why they didn’t. Other posters, myself included, posted examples of why they thought that wasn’t a significant issue in terms of affecting that brand’s reputation as a quality manufacturer that meets the OP’s criteria. How is that not related to the discussion topic?
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 02-18-19 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not for nothing but this kind of thread/topic has been done before multiple times over.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123