Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Factory AR's

Feedback Score

Factory AR's

Since most factory AR's source their components from OEM manufacturers and then assemble in house, who do you trust to #1 source quality components, #2 have the best QC, #3 quality workmanship, #4 warranty and customer service? To me BCM ranks at the top of checking all those boxes and then some. BCM has built brand recognition not only with the items listed above but also in the area of product development and T&E. I also like the fact that they put their products in the hands of professionals for feed back. A couple of other consideration are their track record, they seem to have a solid position to weather the fluctuations in a volatile industry and quality is consistent regardless of the market highs and lows.
    I'm not saying they make "the best AR". But looking at the AR landscape in terms of a milspec duty grade weapon and/or a trusted source of components if you want to put your own carbine/pistol together I think you can buy with confidence and peace of mind.

There are probably several brands out there right now that won't be around 10 years from now.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I agree with you, but what is the point of this thread?

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I agree with you, but what is the point of this thread?

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!
    There's been a lot of discussion lately about brand name AR's and out sourcing components. Nothing new perhaps other than a lot of interest in who the actual OEM manufacturers are and wanting to know specifics such as gas port sizes.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Reason I rarely buy full rifles is usually the trigger and furniture are gonna go.

So I usually buy the complete upper I like and put it on one of my Mega lowers.

Feedback Score
    I make my purchases from companies I trust. Bottom line is your are not going to know where every component on the gun is coming from most of the time so I go with vetted companies that have a good reputation for quality. There are quite a few out there. Some places disclose more than others as far as materials composition, testing, etc. I would personally order from
    BCM
    LMT
    DD- just barrels
    Sionics
    Centurion
    Knights

you could include Colt in the past but have been wary lately

I don't own all of the above, but wouldn't complain. I would probably put DD last because they value isn't there compared to the others, but they are shooters
    Last edited by everready73; 02-16-19 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I make my purchases from companies I trust. Bottom line is your are not going to know where every component on the gun is coming from most of the time so I go with vetted companies that have a good reputation for quality. There are quite a few out there. Some places disclose more than others as far as materials composition, testing, etc. I would personally order from
    BCM
    LMT
    DD- just barrels
    Sionics
    Centurion
    Knights

I don't own all of the above, but wouldn't complain. I would probably put DD last because they value isn't there compared to the others, but they are shooters

I pretty much agree with this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BCM
    LMT
    DD- just barrels
    Sionics
    Centurion
    Knights

Frankly, I would list LMT, KAC, and LaRue Tactical at the top of most every list as they manufacture most everything in-house as well as assembly and QC. All three produce top-notch factory ARs. LMT and KAC have been manufacturing ARs and affiliated products for nearly 30 years. LaRue Tactical is a lot more limited on what they offer when it comes to complete ARs. I would follow up with BCM and a few others to include the likes of those mentioned by everready73, but I would also include LWRC and POF.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    BCM
    LMT
    DD- just barrels
    Sionics
    Centurion
    Knights

Just curious, why do you include DD's barrels only, and not the complete rifles?
    And why wary of Colt?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    BCM? Oh yeah the company whose lowers may or may not work with Gen 3 PMAG's.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    BCM? Oh yeah the company whose lowers may or may not work with Gen 3 PMAG's.
    Oh yeah and HK, POF, Noveske and Spike Tactical.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast