Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Factory AR's

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    BCM? Oh yeah the company whose lowers may or may not work with Gen 3 PMAG's.
    But... But... According to BCM, Gen 3 PMAGs just aren't mil spec! Never mind that every other milspec lower brand has no problem accepting Gen 3 PMAGS across the board, and never mind that G3 PMAGs are literally mil spec because the Marines adopted them. It's Magpuls fault, BCM can do no wrong! Their overtorqued, locktite'd barrel nuts are a feature, not an indicator of mediocre workmanship.

BCM is overrated and overpriced and I hope people are realizing that now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would include the Barrett rifles in that list.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My KAC SR15 Mod 1 doesn't drop free Gen3 PMags. I'm thinking about getting rid of it.......NOPE.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    I hate that BCM lowers are picky with M3 PMAGs. But no and no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    ...BCM is overrated and overpriced and I hope people are realizing that now.
    Yes, yes! Send all that "overrated and overpriced" junk to me. I will see that it is disposed of properly.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    But... But... According to BCM, Gen 3 PMAGs just aren't mil spec! Never mind that every other milspec lower brand has no problem accepting Gen 3 PMAGS across the board, and never mind that G3 PMAGs are literally mil spec because the Marines adopted them. It's Magpuls fault, BCM can do no wrong! Their overtorqued, locktite'd barrel nuts are a feature, not an indicator of mediocre workmanship.

My BCM BFH takes Pmags just fine...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I hate that BCM lowers are picky with M3 PMAGs. But no and no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have been a little hyperbolic. There's no doubt BCM's run great, are combat-grade, and will never fall apart on you. I just think that for the price, little issues like that shouldn't be present in their products.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems to me they responded to the PMAG issue being discussed here, awhile back.

IIRC.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Seems to me they responded to the PMAG issue being discussed here, awhile back.

IIRC.
    Did they? Until I see an announcement like "All BCM lowers after SN xxxxxxx are fully compatible with Gen 3 PMAG's" I will lump them with all the older Colt lowers with oversized pivot pins, sear blocks, oversized FCG pins etc. and I don't have much use for bad lowers. I like their uppers and other parts but face it good lowers are a dime a dozen, and their attitude about what is a easy fix turned me off.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Did they? Until I see an announcement like "All BCM lowers after SN xxxxxxx are fully compatible with Gen 3 PMAG's" I will lump them with all the older Colt lowers with oversized pivot pins, sear blocks, oversized FCG pins etc. and I don't have much use for bad lowers. I like their uppers and other parts but face it good lowers are a dime a dozen, and their attitude about what is a easy fix turned me off.
    Same here. Several years ago I would almost not have owned anything but BCM, but Pmags are so ubiquitous now that if a lower doesn't work with them it might as well be an AK that doesn't accept mags from different countries--in other words about useless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast