Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW Tactical Folding Stock adapter.

Feedback Score

LAW Tactical Folding Stock adapter.

Today a friend of mine showed me his AR at the range (in the middle of nowhere, shootable land) equipped with one of these, along with some LAW Tactical Mk. 262 clone.

Some observations:

The Mk. 262 clone performed well. 500m shots were easy with 3X magnifiers, and the smallest group of the day (from me) was about 1.3'' (10 rounds) at 100m. KAC NT4 suppressor. He told me they use Nosler 77 gr. bullets. According to their site, he is correct. I don't know if they were cannelured (hopefully I spelled that right) or HPBT or not, but they were accurate, 5.56mm pressure (locked my gun's bolt back when unsuppressed.), and didn't cause malfs.

The LAW Tactical folding stock adds a little bit of length to the stock. Like maybe 3/4'' an inch or so, but I suck at measuring. The folding stock + VLTOR A5 collapsed completely (stock deployed) with B5 SOPMOD (his SOPMOD. Mine is LMT.) seems to be about the same LOP as a Colt M4 stock on the second notch. It's a good length, and I like it. I usually keep my A5 on the second notch anyways, so it was great for me, and didn't need to be extended. Sadly, you can't make it shorter than that either, so it's either that or collapse it. I've not held it with standard carbine RE.

It did not cause a single malf, and walking around with it folded was fine. It also fits very well in a backpack.

I don't know if I'd recommend it, but I might try one out for myself. I wonder a little bit if it adds to the length that the bolt has to travel rearward, giving you an even slower carrier velocity...

I dig it though. But I'll still wait to see how it performs over the long run. However he told me that he payed like $230 for his.

It is compatable with any endplate that fits on a standard carbine RE. As he had a KAC endplate on his, and it was fine. Hopefully there wouldn't be an issue with it collapsing during firing or anything. (because you can't stake it, even though you'd still stake the castle nut.)

I'll have to revise this later, as I'm really tired while I write this.

I'll keep you guys updated to see if it causes any problems on his gun.

http://www.lawtactical.com/

Their site seems a little tacticool to me, but not too bad.

The one thing I HATE about it however. It totally leaves he ass end of the bolt carrier exposed, and crap could get inside the gun. That's retarded. But the nature of the beast I guess. I did get oil all over myself because of that.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 10-17-12 at 06:30.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    The carrier itself is not exposed when folded. There is an extension that fits into the rear of the carrier and that is what is open to the elements. It is solid so it has a better chance at keeping debris out in theory, but I think it is mainly to make up for the length of the folder so the carrier travels the same distance as a standard setup. I'm not sure if the extra weight of the carrier extension has any effect on function like a heavier buffer or carrier would, but I assume so.

Pics of the extension:

Last edited by ar911d; 10-17-12 at 09:26. Reason: Add pics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What is the purpose of this, exactly?

If you're trying to fit it into a backpack, it makes much more sense to simply tear the weapon down to just the upper and lower receiver assemblies.

If you're wanting a weapon with a folding stock, I say buy one that's actually designed for one, like an AK, SCAR, or ACR.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    What is the purpose of this, exactly?

If you're trying to fit it into a backpack, it makes much more sense to simply tear the weapon down to just the upper and lower receiver assemblies.

If you're wanting a weapon with a folding stock, I say buy one that's actually designed for one, like an AK, SCAR, or ACR.
    well if this worked and was reliable I think it has a market. being able to fit into a back pack or what ever broken down is not easy to put into action if required. A folding stock is much easier to put into place than assembling a lower and upper.

JP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone knows what gen 2 is about?
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Great news. A piston ar as short as an ak folder is in my future. I like the idea of carrying it to the range on the back seat of my bike
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ar911d View Post
    The carrier itself is not exposed when folded. There is an extension that fits into the rear of the carrier and that is what is open to the elements. It is solid so it has a better chance at keeping debris out in theory, but I think it is mainly to make up for the length of the folder so the carrier travels the same distance as a standard setup. I'm not sure if the extra weight of the carrier extension has any effect on function like a heavier buffer or carrier would, but I assume so.

Pics of the extension:

I'll have to get more time with it to comment on that. I TOTALLY remember seeing the ass end of the carrier openly exposed. I acutally wanted to see if I could cycle the weapon that way, but we never tried.

I also wanted to add that using a sling with this thing folded sucks ass.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 10-17-12 at 18:13.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This could grow on me. I like the idea of a folder with DI parts. If it holds up, I might get one.

ETA: what I don't like is the ass end of my carrier exposed. Hmmm...
    Last edited by fixit69; 10-17-12 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think I remember reading that the weapon would fire one round with it folded, but that it bent a tab and the assembly had to be returned to the manufacturer to repair?
    Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast