Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFORMATION ABOUT 'URX PREFIX' GLOCK 22 MODELS & WHITE LIGHTS

Feedback Score

INFORMATION ABOUT 'URX PREFIX' GLOCK 22 MODELS & WHITE LIGHTS

Hello Folks, I'm interested if anyone out there in the Forum has any previous experience with a Glock 22 .40, within the URX Prefix serial # range ? ( Circa 2013 mfg., IIRC ? ) I recall that around that time frame, a few Dept's were encountering malfunctions when attempting to qualify with their weapon lights affixed ? My recollection of the issue is rather scanty, as to which brand of light(s), & or ammunition used. My question is, is anyone aware whether any G22's in the URX # Prefix was involved in this 'problem', or in any other noted issues over the years ? Currently, my G22, which is the one in question, is set up as a G37 .45 GAP. I absolutely love all my GAP's, but am contemplating returning it to .40, & set it up as my quick response pistol, w/ factory 22rd magazine & either a TLR -1 or TLR-3. And, before anyone tells me to 'just go shoot it', & figured I'd solicit a bit of information on the 'lights' issue, before converting it back to .40. ( And no, I've never shot my 'G37' w/ a light affixed. ) If anybody could assist me with the question, I'd be very appreciative. My hands & fingers have been bothering me lately, & if I find out if my URX G22-.40 'might be', & or is likely to have issues, I won't bother going back to to .40 & just keep it as it is. THANK YOU Guys !!

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Forgive me, I didn’t read the whole post, but as I recall, that issue requires a stronger recoil spring.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Wasn't this about the time they went to the extra coil on the magazine spring?

Feedback Score
    Aha !! Now we remember, I think ? Glock had their Rep's running all over to different P.D.'s to initiate some damage control. 'IF' that's indeed what it was, I 'I'm be a happy camper again. I've got a great G38 that runs beautiful, both so & without a light. So right now, I'd prefer to use my .40, set up w/ a light & Glock 22 rd magazine. My old Gen. 2 G17 is always on duty but no light rails, & I've gotten too lazy to use the old style hand held SureFire !!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Wasn't this about the time they went to the extra coil on the magazine spring?
    Maybe that’s what it was. I knew it had to do with a spring.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    THANKS Guys, I really do appreciate the input. OK, if it is a spring related issue, exactly which weight of Recoil Spring should I install when returning it to .40 S&W ? Or, to ask it another way, Which R/S Part # is, or was Glock now installing in their 'Post-Problem' Gen.3 - G22's ? I'll order 2 just to have an available spare. I like the idea of just having to grab a single item to investigate, & or handle the most commonly encountered 'security concerns'. Just grab the G22, & I'm good to go with a adequate white light, 22 rd of adequate ammo on board, & along w/ an relatively reliable weapons system all ready to roll. Plus, I' still got my G38 ( Gen. 3 ) all set up the same way, except for 13 rds readily available, as opposed to 22 rds in the G22. THANKS again Folks for all the kind replies !

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Confirming. This is a gen 3 pistol right? The gen 3 G17 and 22 use the same recoil spring. They're on Midway or Brownells.

I think likely a couple of spare recoil springs (factory aren't very expensive) and confirm your magazine springs are 11 coil and I think you're as good as you can be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The primary problem was with the Gen 3's - Gen 4 magazines should be GTG. What was happening was the extra weight on the dust cover was making the frame flex less and increasing slide speed enough to outrun the spring. The cure was a spring upgrade - 11 coil versus the 10 coil springs the pistols shipped with.

This is the 11 coil spring for the 15rd G22 mags: https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-1...ctinfo/G33601/

Extra power spring for the 22 round magazine, if you think the stock spring isn't stout enough: https://www.glockmeister.com/ISMI-Ex...ctinfo/ISMI14/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The primary problem was with the Gen 3's - Gen 4 magazines should be GTG. What was happening was the extra weight on the dust cover was making the frame flex less and increasing slide speed enough to outrun the spring. The cure was a spring upgrade - 11 coil versus the 10 coil springs the pistols shipped with.

This is the 11 coil spring for the 15rd G22 mags: https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-1...ctinfo/G33601/

Extra power spring for the 22 round magazine, if you think the stock spring isn't stout enough: https://www.glockmeister.com/ISMI-Ex...ctinfo/ISMI14/
    That's about it.

Feedback Score
    THANK YOU very much, Guys, I really appreciate it. I didn't want to spend a few hours searching through all my old Glock notes & reference data. In fact, now as I think about it, I just might have a spare R/S spring in my Glock parts box. If I do I'll verify the number of coils, & if it's an 11, hopefully I should be good. Apparently, the added / extra coil appears to have fixed that particular issue, as I can't recall hearing anything else about it. ( BTW; It is a Gen. 3, w/ FDE, or as Glock refers to it, a DE Frame ) THANKS again,

Best, dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 02-18-19 at 08:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast