Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFORMATION ABOUT 'URX PREFIX' GLOCK 22 MODELS & WHITE LIGHTS

Feedback Score
    Hey Guys, THANKS again for all your replies. I checked my Flock parts the other day, & came up with 2 G17 / G22 RSA's. They're both mk'd 5579 1. I had dated the bag they're in as, 02/2015, so they were of course mfg'd prior to then. Will they work, or should I order a few of more recent mfg. ? I also have to order a few mag springs, for both the 15 & 22 rd versions. Usually, I pretty install +10% springs in most of my magazines, as I feel it can't hurt, & might made all the difference if & when the season's running dusting dirty ? Hopefully, once I'm 'all springed up', my G22 should serve me well, just like all the rest of my Glocks.

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The fix for G22 fail-to-feeds was 11 coil MAGAZINE springs, not recoil springs.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    THANKS '26th Inf.', As I began to re-read the replies on this Thread I kind of gathered that fact. I can't recall exactly web I purchased the bulk of my G22 spare mag's, but will check the rcpt. for the date. Now, as this issue became known, did Glock for all their new production G22 mags with 11 cool springs ? I may have replaced my mag springs with Wolf +10% models, but I don't recall doing that, as I almost immediately put a G37 upper on it, along with the required frame components. I already had 2 .40 c
    S&W Sig's just hanging around, & felt another .45 might be nice. ( P226 & P229, both DAK's ) I'll order a few new 11 coil springs, & some 22 rd types too, just to have in my box.

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
    'Post-Problem' Gen.3 - G22's ?
    As far as I know this does not exist. Or it's called a Gen4 G22. The mag spring upgrade was an improvement but I don't recall it being a total fix. The Gen4 as I understand was mostly designed to fix the problems with .40 S&W.

I would choose not to run a light on a Gen3 G22, even with new mags.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Todd, I guess the only true way I'll ever be sure if it functions, or not, will be to run a few hundred rd through it with a light affixed, of course. I could probably get away with using a TLR-3, which is quite a lightweight, as far as they go. For my intended purpose, that should do just fine. If not, I guess I'll have to do back in the old days, & use m handheld SureFire. I just figured to go along with the times. When I get a chance to run some boxes through it, I'll report back with results. THANKS again,

dpast32

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The problem is that the failure is sometimes rare. I think it took a large departments observations over time and a lot of rounds to determine the failure was consistent.

Police trade in 40 S&W Glocks can be found cheap right now, even Gen4.

Unless they are significant to you I'd probably turn the Gen3 22 and the Gen2 17 into one Gen5 17 with bold sights. 9mm will be easier on your hands and I think everything about the Gen5 is a bit better, trigger, grip texture, no finger grooves, magwell, accuracy, those bold sights factory installed.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Todd, I've been looking for a reason to grab a G19x, as I just love them. IIIRC, the 19x has pretty much all the Gen.5 updates, right ? My old G17 has been with me subscribe 1993 or so, & just me be the most accurate handgun I've ever owned ! Never a malfunction, either. It's partial to the Win. 115+p+ load, & if I do my part, will usually put them into one ragged hole. Plus, I 'vs still got my G38 / .45 GAP, & so far, it's functioned fine with a TLR3 affixed. I could also hopefully make a swap for my NIB Sig P.226R-DAK-.40 for a G19x. Just maybe one of the local dealers would go for such a swap, as the 226 is an LEO Model, w/ 3 mags, Sig nite-sites, etc. I never even fired it, as I already had a P.228 & P.229, plus the 229s a combo, .357 Sig / .40 S&W. I've always wanted a 19x, so maybe this will be my impetus to go for it !

Best, dpast32

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12