Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red dot ccw

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenightvision View Post
    Hey guys. I have my full size M&P9 is all done up with a Venom. But it’s too big to carry for me.

What’s the smallest 9mm you guys like recommend that I could still put an rmr or 507c

I’d prefer it to be something with a lot of support like the Glock but I’m open to all suggestions
    Why not an M&P Shield if you like the M&P stuff. Shield 2.0 is out recently I recall.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I second the Shield or recommend the M&P M2.0 3.6" model. Or maybe a CZP10 S.
    Last edited by joe.a; 02-17-19 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

And I know it’s psychological but I really dislike wearing loose shirts...

But a 43(or maybe even a 26) sounds like a good place to start looking.

Oh, my current setup: I’m 100% appendix
    I selected a few things that I find important. I am a smaller dude than you are (6'1" - 185), I don't wear very loose shirts. I also have very high concealment requirements most of the time when I carry, with less stringent requirements [some indistinct bulging and nonspecific printing] during casual hours.
    I would suggest looking at a slimline Glocks (43, 43x and 48) and RMS sights. I have a G26, a G19, and a G19x all set for RMR and they are not easy to conceal in AIWB. As all double stack pistols, they do create a colostomy effect to some extent, RMR housing prints more or less depending where the sight is positioned, and suppressor heights irons print if placed at the rear of a slide. RMS sights don't require tall backups and slimline Glocks don't bulge out as much. I am waiting on a release of a waterproof RMSw sight and if it turns out reliable, my G26/RM07 setup is in trouble.

Feedback Score
    Hi John,
    Well I’m 6’9” and about 250 (gym rat) so I have the size but two main things. I live in the desert so I rarely wear a lot of clothing. Tank tops during the summer and usually a tee shirt during the winter.

And I know it’s psychological but I really dislike wearing loose shirts. I just hate the feeling of swimming in my clothes.

But a 43(or maybe even a 26) sounds like a good place to start looking.

Oh, my current setup: I’m 100% appendix inside the waist band carry unless I open carry which is very very very rare. I carry a kel-tec 9(I know, I know, but thousands of rounds of training and it’s 100%). I usually wear shorts with a leather belt and a tight(ish) tank top or tee.

As to why I mounted a red dot on my M&P 9- well I fought the idea for a while. I even didn’t like the first experience I had. I couldn’t find the dot. But deep deep down even though I had that initial bad taste in my mouth I knew it was the superior sighting system for what I’m doing.

So Like I said I got one mounted on my M&P, got 1500 rounds of 9mm and got to a point where I now feel comfortable using it.

I’ll do the same with the carry gun I get. And, of course keep practicing and doing dry fire practice.
    When you say leather belt, if its not a gun belt, you need to get one. I like the nexbelt gun belts, but there are a lot if options. You dont need baggy clothes, a shirt that is tight in the chest and loose around the stomach is fine- problem is with stretchy t shirts that hug the waistline, youll need something thinner to wear those IMO.

I carried a full sized m&p for years in tshirts that fit well IMO. 6’ 170lbs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    When you say leather belt, if its not a gun belt, you need to get one. I like the nexbelt gun belts, but there are a lot if options. You dont need baggy clothes, a shirt that is tight in the chest and loose around the stomach is fine- problem is with stretchy t shirts that hug the waistline, youll need something thinner to wear those IMO.

I carried a full sized m&p for years in tshirts that fit well IMO. 6’ 170lbs
    You’re right. I do need to address the belt situation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My G45 with an RM07 should be here any day and I plan on CCWing it at least some times.

I’ll try both appendix in a Tier 1 holster and at 4-5 in a Crossbreed or something similar and see what works best.

Feedback Score
    Speaking of that, trex arms? They make a good holster for aiwb right? And it also has the sport for a spare mag.
    TRex is known for Instagram marketing and not really for quality. I know several people who bought their holsters and had issues with the fit not being very good for their pistol, or needing finishing or slight modification to get them to snap in properly. One guy said his had ragged edges that jabbed into his skin and needed sanding and that the retention wasn't very tight. YMMV, of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    TRex is known for Instagram marketing and not really for quality. I know several people who bought their holsters and had issues with the fit not being very good for their pistol, or needing finishing or slight modification to get them to snap in properly. One guy said his had ragged edges that jabbed into his skin and needed sanding and that the retention wasn't very tight. YMMV, of course.
    This is suprising to me. I bought one (ragnarock light-compatable) based off input from an SME here and its been great.
    Fit and finish/edges are great, its thick and durable. Retension ranges from none to almost un-drawable (sp?) based on screw tesion. It has decent retension without a light as well.

That said, I havent read of any other issues, did he send it back/contact them?
    Fwiw- I prefer a rcs vanguard2 for appendix- havent tried the sidecar.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-21-19 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    **** that little cultist faggot. Their CS was absolutely atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post

Feedback Score
    I’m borrowing a Trex Raptor from a buddy of mine, my SW M&P 9 and X300 fit great. Zero complaints it’s a good holster

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast