Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red dot ccw

Feedback Score

Red dot ccw

Hey guys. I have my full size M&P9 is all done up with a Venom. But it’s too big to carry for me.

What’s the smallest 9mm you guys like recommend that I could still put an rmr or 507c

I’d prefer it to be something with a lot of support like the Glock but I’m open to all suggestions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can put a RMR on a Glock 43.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So much depends on your body size, how you dress, how/where you carry, etc.
    I carry a G17 OWB with RM 06 plus two mags - no probleemo. YMMV. Those who do AIWB - which isn't for me - seem to get by with the most options.

What are some of your specifics?

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenightvision View Post
    Hey guys. I have my full size M&P9 is all done up with a Venom. But it’s too big to carry for me.

What’s the smallest 9mm you guys like recommend that I could still put an rmr or 507c

I’d prefer it to be something with a lot of support like the Glock but I’m open to all suggestions
    Post a pic of how you carry.
    Way to many variable unknown at this point.

Is the gun too big or did the red dot make it too big?
    Why is it too big? Is it printing or uncomfortable?
    Why do you want a red dot?
    What holster do you use?
    What belt do you use?
    what kind of clothes do you wear?

Answers to the above will help us help you.

Personally, I carry a g19 with rmr in normal clothes. If I wear a tight t-shirt or tucked fitted shirt (business casual/formal) I wear a shield with iron sights.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-16-19 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Well Bowie custom does G26's with RMR's. And like was said above 43's are out there.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I've been carrying an RMR CZ (P10c) in OWB, but it's Winter.
    Doesn't add much to the "felt" overall dimension, however that is certainly subjective.
    Haven't "been made" FWIW.

Feedback Score
    I carry either CZ P07/09 with RMR concealed year around. Both will conceal under just a t shirt as long as the shirt isn't skin tight.

Feedback Score
    Hi John,
    Well I’m 6’9” and about 250 (gym rat) so I have the size but two main things. I live in the desert so I rarely wear a lot of clothing. Tank tops during the summer and usually a tee shirt during the winter.

And I know it’s psychological but I really dislike wearing loose shirts. I just hate the feeling of swimming in my clothes.

But a 43(or maybe even a 26) sounds like a good place to start looking.

Oh, my current setup: I’m 100% appendix inside the waist band carry unless I open carry which is very very very rare. I carry a kel-tec 9(I know, I know, but thousands of rounds of training and it’s 100%). I usually wear shorts with a leather belt and a tight(ish) tank top or tee.

As to why I mounted a red dot on my M&P 9- well I fought the idea for a while. I even didn’t like the first experience I had. I couldn’t find the dot. But deep deep down even though I had that initial bad taste in my mouth I knew it was the superior sighting system for what I’m doing.

So Like I said I got one mounted on my M&P, got 1500 rounds of 9mm and got to a point where I now feel comfortable using it.

I’ll do the same with the carry gun I get. And, of course keep practicing and doing dry fire practice.
    Last edited by Whitenightvision; 02-17-19 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    Wow. I can’t believe you guys carry full size guns. I love it, don’t get me wrong, it just is so uncomfortable when I shove my M&P 9 in the front if my pants and I’m a tad nervous spending the money on a good holster setup and not liking it.

Speaking of that, trex arms? They make a good holster for aiwb right? And it also has the sport for a spare mag.

Feedback Score
    Been carrying a G26 and Shield RDS for approaching four years. Goes together like PB&J.

Previously I had a G19 and a Trijicon RDS. The color shift on the RM07 didn’t work well for me. The size of the G26 also works better for AIWB without giving up anything of the advantages of a RDS.

Like 90% of life, the combo works great for me. The ergonomics work, a G26 with a 12 rd Magpul magazine maximizes my shooting grip and the AIWB envelope is only slightly larger than a J Frame or Kahr PM9. It may not work for you or anyone else.

I strongly endorse a serious shooting regime intended to adapt you to the RDS. I initially did 1000 dry fire/400 live rounds and found that was insufficient. My second series was closer to 2000 dry fire/1000 live rounds to meet the desired mastery. Those numbers probably vary by person, but develop clear benchmarks and hold yourself to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast