Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Long gun or no long gun for 30 day, out of state trip?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UTShooter71 View Post
    Hola,
    I am an LEO but I have to do a 30 day stay away from home, out of state on Reserve orders. I know I'm taking my Glock 27 (loaded up as a .40 but bringing a 9mm conversion barrel & mags). I'm also contemplating bringing my 709 Slim and my duty 9mm AR carbine, or all three. I'm trying to balance need against paranoia (zombies are real..... I think?). Feedback and other options would be appreciated.

Gracias
    Only wrong answer in my view would be to bring nothing. Beyond that seems purely subjective and personalized to where you're going, why you're going, where will stuff be stored, etc. Me, if I'm gonna bring a long gun in addition to any pistol(s), it's gonna be a goblin stopper, so not a 9mm AR carbine...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-23-19 at 15:42.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I’m always fascinated by this question. I often struggle when I travel with weather or not to take an AR. My mentality is about not wanting to be caught flat footed while away. I’m always looking for discreet bags. I definitely do not want to beat up anything that I own so the bag must have some padding for protection for what’s in it. I like to hear how everyone else is doing it.

Feedback Score
    I worked in law enforcement for 25 years, and have seen hundreds of car burglaries and thefts. So I'm always nervous with a long gun in a car. A handgun can go with me most places. The few times I've packed a long gun, usually my 300 BO SBR its in a sneaky bag and even then I go to lengths to hide it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    A long gun is good medicine 24/7

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234