Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long gun or no long gun for 30 day, out of state trip?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've never taken a rifle with me when leaving home unless its to attend a class with. I'm always armed with a handgun and multiple magazines though.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I mostly don't bother traveling with a firearm anymore. It's just another excuse for some Podunk local government to steal my shit and hem me up.

Feedback Score
    I never saw much use for an AR pistol. I've always wanted an SBR. NOW WITH THE AR PISTOL SPRINGFIELD EDGE NAMELY, I can take it in most states as a pistol with my CCW and not be concerned with arrest. Just know where u r going and laws. I now have my sweet "pistol" all the time!! Due to shoulder it.
    Last edited by 09fatbob; 02-19-19 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    My dad used to ask me how many people have you plan on shooting Steve?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    My dad used to ask me how many people have you plan on shooting Steve?
    All of them

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is it worth the headache of having to worry about it in the car to and from AND getting on and off base?? I mean the gross probability is nothing bad will happen and it's exponentially less likely that something bad enough to require a rifle will happen. BUT the fact remains that BAD things do happen, and Worse things typically happen to those who aren't prepared for them. That said, I don't always have a rifle in my car, but I usually do.
    Last edited by ffemt11b; 02-20-19 at 16:15. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    I carry a handgun every day, every where, if I can’t carry somewhere I probably ain’t going willingly.
    My personal rule of thumb is that if I’m going more than an hour away or 100 miles a carbine goes with me along with three loaded magazines. Usually in a Unique Cases breakdown shotgun case because it doesn’t look like a gun case.
    hd-exterior-pdf.jpg
    My exception is if my vehicle is going to be parked unattended at a trail head or camping area. But then one of my .44 mag or 10mm handguns is going to stand in as a rifle in a holster.
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 02-20-19 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    I take a rifle or ar pistol for overnight stays.
    Im already packing luggage, dropping the ar in the bottom with a couple mags takes 2 minutes with no downside.

Flying is different. 1 week is about the cutoff for me. Anything more than that conus im bringing a gun, and checking one- might as well be 2.... unless I have a source at the destination.

It really cones down to you- effort required vs risk. I went to Paris with no guns for 9 days and lived. Ive gone to big cities with rifles and dont remember anything of interest about the trip - luggage related.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Faaaaar more likely to have use for a pistol than a rifle. Not to mention how much easier it is to be discreet with and secure the former than the latter.
    And the chances of having to use a pistol are already shockingly low. So yeah, put me in the camp of not screwing around with a rifle wherever I go.

That's some tackleberry stuff right there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I mostly don't bother traveling with a firearm anymore. It's just another excuse for some Podunk local government to steal my shit and hem me up.
    So there's the paranoia of going nowhere unless you are equipped to assault a fortified position, and then there's this kind of paranoia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast