Thread: Lower is overhanging the upper, will this cause a functional issue? (pics)

Feedback Score

Lower is overhanging the upper, will this cause a functional issue? (pics)

I have a new lower receiver that overhangs the upper receiver on one side, near the receiver extension area. I don't care about the way it looks, in fact I think it looks beautiful. Will this cause any kind of functional issue with the rifle? I won't be able to shoot it for a while.

Here is a picture of the lower overhanging the upper:

And here is a picture of the other side of the rifle:

Thanks
    Last edited by manbearpig; 02-17-19 at 00:14.
    No matter how isolated you are and how lonely you feel, if you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you.
    -Carl Jung

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks good to go... but to double check, does it feed like the BCG is hitting or binding when charging ?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply Smokin. Nope the BCG doesn't feel like it's hitting/binding when charging.
    No matter how isolated you are and how lonely you feel, if you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you.
    -Carl Jung

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not an issue, I have several this way.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    thanks a lot, I appreciate it
    -Carl Jung

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Totally going to blow up on you. Tell you what, I'm willing to do you a solid and take those off your hands for free! That's right, I won't charge you a dime to potentially save your life, just PM me and I'll send you my FFL's info.

Feedback Score
    ruh roh I'll dispose of it immediately then
    -Carl Jung

Feedback Score
    LOL... Hey manbearpig: I'll even offer You this, IF something goes down, where "Hammer Man" is NOT going to pass His Background Check... I will and I'll make the same offer... 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Totally going to blow up on you. Tell you what, I'm willing to do you a solid and take those off your hands for free! That's right, I won't charge you a dime to potentially save your life, just PM me and I'll send you my FFL's info.

Joking aside, I would remove the Buffer spring and buffer.... and see how the BCG slides/moves from the Upper to the Buffer Tube, Make sure it's not catching and edge..?
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 02-19-19 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Perfectly normal. Looks like a new MWS, so I'd love to tell it's fubar'd and offer $1k for it.