Thread: Norwegian SOF in Afghanistan

Feedback Score

Norwegian SOF in Afghanistan

Never even knew there guys were there (which is probably how they wanted it). It's getting hard to tell the players without a program, just going by pictures. Seems like everyone is wearing the same camo these days:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...l-afghanistan/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Made me wonder what else they are doing and was surprised they aren't like other countries.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/11/...gh-love-works/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Made me wonder what else they are doing and was surprised they aren't like other countries.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/11/...gh-love-works/
    That’s fantastic.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am trying to recall the details, but there was a group of US Marines that were co-located with Norwegian SOF in Afghanistan a few years back. There was a pretty serious Taliban attack, and one of the Norwegians got dinged up pretty bad. A Marine ran an fetched him back to safety. A few days later, a Norwegian did the same for a Marine. If I recall correctly, each government decorated the other fellow. I'll have to do some digging on that, a buddy's son was in-country when it happened. I'll try and get the details from him.

If anyone has any details on that, let me know.

Feedback Score
    I love reading about this stuff! Weaponry appears to be well thought out too.

Feedback Score
    I guess I’m the only one disappointed that they’re not sporting viking beards and carrying Ulfberht swords?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A buddy that was Airborne in Afghanistan had only positive stuff to say about the Danes that were there, too. I like to think the "Viking" mentality is still alive in a small subset of those countries.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I guess I’m the only one disappointed that they’re not sporting viking beards and carrying Ulfberht swords?
    And a few skullss mounted on top of the Hesco barriers surrounding the COP.

Remember that famous military axiom: "A head on a pike engages in no conspiracies."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There’s a show on Netflix called “Nobel” that is based on a Norwegian SOF in Afghanistan. There’s a scene where they partner up with undisclosed US SOF guys to capture some bad guy. They even have a woman on the team as translator and for dealing with local females. More of a drama/murder mystery but it was enjoyable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And a few skullss mounted on top of the Hesco barriers surrounding the COP.

Remember that famous military axiom: "A head on a pike engages in no conspiracies."
    Yes. Occasionally they could also pillage a mosque and raze it to the ground. Take the women as slaves. All while drinking mead and eating meat off the bone.