Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd AR opinions

Feedback Score

2nd AR opinions

Hey guys looking to pick up a 2nd ar. Been considering the Lwrc di or another DD. what would y'all suggest. Looking for durability, dependibility. I've been considering Lmt and Kac also. Or should I jaunt build? Appreciate it

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    What are the goals and intended purpose of this rifle vs how your first rifle is set up? For example, my first AR was a basic rifle with an Aimpoint. My second was a precision build with free-float tube, heavier barrel, Geissele trigger, and is fed handloaded ammo. While the rifles aren't wildly different, they were purchased and are employed with entirely different mindsets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    What are the goals and intended purpose of this rifle vs how your first rifle is set up? For example, my first AR was a basic rifle with an Aimpoint. My second was a precision build with free-float tube, heavier barrel, Geissele trigger, and is fed handloaded ammo. While the rifles aren't wildly different, they were purchased and are employed with entirely different mindsets.
    This ^^

It's hard to give you any direction without knowing what the purpose of the rifle will be. Do you want a SBR/Pistol build for easy work around vehicles and in close quarters? Do you want a more precision/recce type build with a 1-8 or larger scope? Do you want a really lightweight gun to carry for long periods? Do you want to run suppressed? The more info you can give about what you're looking to do with it, the better answers you'll get.

If you just want 'another AR', then any of the 4 you listed would be great options, as well as Colt, BCM, etc. If money isn't an issue, out of the options you listed, a KAC SR-15 E3 would be my first choice.

Feedback Score
    Why not build one?

Feedback Score
    My current ar is a ddm4v5 with a eotech. 2nd ar I'm intending on getting would be for same purpose as my first. Just been wanting another to add to my safe. Intentions of rifle are target shooting, self defense and shtf. Not running suppressors nor would it be a pistol build. I like the DD due to what seem to be there extreme durability and have videos to back it up. Like the Lwrc for cosmetic and ambidextrous features as well as barrel quality. The KAC is nice and always hear great things.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I would also take a close look at the complete rifles from Centurion Arms. Excellent quality and value.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Get KAC, even just the upper. I did for my second AR abd never looked back, never wanted/ needed anything else after.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    My current ar is a ddm4v5 with a eotech. 2nd ar I'm intending on getting would be for same purpose as my first. Just been wanting another to add to my safe. Intentions of rifle are target shooting, self defense and shtf. Not running suppressors nor would it be a pistol build. I like the DD due to what seem to be there extreme durability and have videos to back it up. Like the Lwrc for cosmetic and ambidextrous features as well as barrel quality. The KAC is nice and always hear great things.
    I would stay away from LWRC since you're already in the direct impingement side of the house. Personally, I'd want exactly what you have now but with the lightweight Barrel. DDM4®V7® LW, I believe. If you're happy with Daniel Defense, I would stick with them, but I prefer a lightweight barrels over government profile. Just my two cents.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
    I would also take a close look at the complete rifles from Centurion Arms. Excellent quality and value.
    This is true, and I am a big fan of their barrels.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    In that case, it really is just opinion, and you'll probably get multiple different ones. You're picking between 4 great options, and rifles from any of those manufacturers should be durable and good to go. (I also prefer KAC, LMT, or DD over the LWRC for what it's worth).

Personally, I would pick the one that makes you the most excited, and then maybe try a 1-8 or something different to expand your capabilities. I run red dots on my short home defense/CQB rifles, but have really enjoyed the extra accuracy and ability to PID targets at longer ranges by running a 1-8 on some of my 16" guns. Might be worth exploring for your second AR
    Last edited by B Cart; 02-17-19 at 20:17.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast