Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: re-barreling Colt 6920 after some use

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Androctonus View Post
    Yeah, the DD is gov profile. The main appeal is the mid length gas. Though I don’t really know how much better that would be.
    My problem with the DD barrels is that the ones I've shot were over gassed. I'd stick with the colt barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Androctonus View Post
    Thanks. The rail is a 13” BCM MCMR that comes with a new barrel nut. It would cover a mid length gas system. I’m going to have it put on the Colt though. Having the rail just sitting in a box would bug me.
    Then grind off the front sight legs - you'll need to do that to get the barrel nut off w/o removing the gas block - smooth the marks and apply some cold blue.

Only problem is once you've down that there is no going back.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Seems like a waste to me. Hold onto the DD for a future replacement or build.

Shoot your 6920 more, as is.

I found a DD 14.5" LW Carbine gas barrel with LPG for $180 last month, put it away for a rainy day.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 02-18-19 at 17:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12