Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bohemian Rhapsody movie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Don't forget.....they also were on Highlander and Iron Eagle. Two classic films.
    Who wants to live forever, works on BH and Highlander so well.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Still don’t understand how Flash Gordon did not become both the most critically acclaimed Sci Fi movie of all time,
    And the album not the greatest soundtrack of all time.

Edit- youngest teenage daughter actually iTunes’d some Queen after hearing the opening of me watching someHighlander the Series from the 90s. I never caught most of the episodes when they were first aired.

Well,
    Actually just getting some hair tips watching.
    Last edited by ramairthree; 02-19-19 at 00:43.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Still don’t understand how Flash Gordon did not become both the most critically acclaimed Sci Fi movie of all time,
    And the album not the greatest soundtrack of all time.

Edit- youngest teenage daughter actually iTunes’d some Queen after hearing the opening of me watching someHighlander the Series from the 90s. I never caught most of the episodes when they were first aired.

Well,
    Actually just getting some hair tips watching.
    Still get goose bumps every time I hear it . . .

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How do you live with yourself?
    LOL! I guess my “not really a fan” didn’t come out right. A “Fan” is short for the word “Fanatic”, and I’m just not there with very much music. I consider a true fan to be someone who has learned about the people behind the songs.

I guess I liked the movie so much because I loved the backstory...

I should have said I really had very basic knowledge of the group. I could tell you Freddie Mercury was the lead singer, he was gay, and he died from aids. Just like I know Joplin OD’d and most of Skynyrd died in a plane crash.

I’m not an audiophile. I basically listen to whatever is on but really don’t buy much of the stuff nor get too ‘into’ any bands. I have preferred genres but other than hard core gangsta rap, I can appreciate all kinds of good sounds coming out of a speaker.

Hard NOT to like Queen’s music. It is truly iconic. Played everywhere...rodeos, team sports events, school events. We are the Champions, We Will Rock You, Another One Bites the Dust...who doesn’t know most of the lyrics, at least the main chorus of them.

I’m the same with other icons, like Prince, Glen Campbell, Billy Joel, The Who, Bowie...like their music, but not a “Fan”

Regarding Glen Campbell...while I remember his variety show when I was a wee lad, I really didn’t know much about his. Eddie Van Halen, nearing the height of his career, asked Alice Cooper to ask Campbell (Coopers very close friend) if Campbell would give him some guitar lessons. Of course, VH was an awesome guitarist already, but Campbell helped him get better. I thought that was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Search for “Bohemian Rhapsody 2018” on YouTube and there’s a few videos that show side-by-side some of their real concert scenes next to those done in the movie, including the Live Aid segment. Watching those will really make you appreciate the outstanding casting and acting done, Rami was amazing. Best ‘rock biopic’ ever IMHO!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I want to go see this in the Theater. I never go to movies, but this one sounds good. Pappabear was recommending that I see it.
    We bought it on Amazon...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rami Malek is awesome. He made Mr Robot until they got Trumpitis.

He also made The Pacific as Snafu.

Like they actually look like Queen. Even if they just like lip synced, they should get the actors to do a world tour while the actual band plays so you could sorta replicate a Queen concert.

I will never have gotten to see Queen and my life is lesser for it.

That’s why you should see your favorite band live while you can

Feedback Score
    Hell.

The only reason there is not Zardoz expanded universe and world of novels, comics, movies, TV shows, and merchandise is because there was no Queen soundtrack.

John Williams and the LSO were actually ghost written by May and Mercury. Same as with Alexander Courage.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Overall, I loved the movie. Had some minor quibbles, but I don't know how else they could've conveyed as much of the band's story as they did in the run time without compromising in other ways. I think it could've been even more clear how important the rest of the band was (especially Brian May) to the success of Queen in other scenes besides the meeting before Live Aid. As it stood, they left it like, "Oh, that guy came up with the 'We Will Rock You' beat? Cool."

I'm glad they didn't have the actors try to do most of the vocals. I've always hated that.
    Last edited by sundance435; 02-20-19 at 15:06.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123