Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 gun, updated. Recce.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It also ran for a while with a Colt M16 spring without issue, much to my surprise. This spring was put in at some point by accident and I discovered it during a routine check up. I thought it still had a Tubbs in it. I replaced it with a M4 spring.
    A rifle spring worked without issue in a carbine receiver extension? I thought the solid height of the spring was too great for that. Was there anything unusual about the spring?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Is the Afghan from the same timeframes as the other parts? If so it's a fine barrel. I'm guessing it has the full length gasblock seat and not the little short one. If that's what you used that little thing makes a fine precision gun because they're accurate as all get out.
    It was purchased in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    A rifle spring worked without issue in a carbine receiver extension? I thought the solid height of the spring was too great for that. Was there anything unusual about the spring?
    I would have thought that, also. I’ve never tried to reproduce that, and I did not keep the spring, unfortunately. It was quite stiff in there. When I pulled it out to measure I was like “how in the $&@% is this thing this long….oh, thats a lot of coils”.

Edit: a 42 coil rifle spring will allow lockback before solid height. I’m not saying that it’ll function properly or be a good idea.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-24-21 at 12:01.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12