Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue's LAT/SAT rails

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    I’m no Larue fan but you have to give Mark credit. He’s changing with the market to keep the machines running. Larue UU kits; roughly $1100 for a small frame including lower, roughly $1500 for a large frame with the lower, MBT $87, now these rails.
    To be honest, the UU kits tempt me to try a Grendel build...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    He has the means to bury the competition whom he regards as having wronged him, and he's been executing these steps. I would not want to be on his bad side
    I know he has ruffled some feathers, obviously at some time or another he's pissed in Stickman's and officerx's Post Toasties, but is that the only reason you think he is using the business model he is using?

Has he enlarged his work force, or, is he taking steps to position LaRue in the market so he can keep his employees employed? Some guys, even abrasive guys, think that way.

ETA: Don't know the guy from Adam, but he's onto something, I'm a solid customer. Wouldn't be except the MBT and Ultimate Upper got me started.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-19-19 at 22:56.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    LaRuemasterrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    He has the means to bury the competition whom he regards as having wronged him, and he's been executing these steps. I would not want to be on his bad side
    I have a feeling competition is what's driving him to compete like this and he has the machine shop to put up a good fight. You now have a lot of options for quality optic mounts and rails that have to be eating into his sales some. Looks like he is preping for a good fight. You have the optic mounts that he dropped the price on, the triggers which he has really dropped in price, the ultimate upper kits which have been discounted and now these rails.

Now if they would only drop their complete rifles down some price wise.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Some of you guys have been around a while, some have more inside information than others. But, remember one thing-you only get one side of the whole ML hate on THIS SITE. Expand your horizons and don't piggy back on the hate. While I don't know all of the origins, there are no angels on either side, regardless of what they spew, especially here-that includes anyone associated with THIS SITE.

And yes I've had breakfast and a coffee
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It could be a shift in strategy and direction, based on more than a single event. Mark and I aren't personal friends, we're on friendly terms, based on our past working relationship and our common stance on a few things. I don't know his business model, nor would I speak on his behalf. I have respect for his decades of experience and innovation, I don't have cause to dislike him on a personal or professional level, just the opposite.

He is not the enemy. From a casual industry observer's standpoint, LT may seem to have quieted down in the last 4 or 5 years, but that time is now the past, Mark's new efforts and push into markets and segments he previously didn't operate in seems to be very good indications of a shift, not something I would, or am capable of doing overnight.

Either way, the party that benefits from this is the end users. We have more options, higher quality and less cost in triggers and hand guards. If anyone was happy paying $240 for a cast triggers, let this be a pleasant awakening that a wire EDM trigger can be had for less, from a reputable US based company with a long list of accomplishments and real innovation. His new LAT hand guards can be seen in the same light, they now compete with our RHF hand guards lol, so I'm not oblivious to its impact on our business, but customers can choose for themselves, and there is enough business for everyone to compete and thrive.

I'd discard any notions of quality and purported innovation based on a name, each product should speak for itself without the aid of its brand. The same goes for us, folks have said whatever we make, they'd buy it. To us, it's a compliment, a responsibility and pressure to live up to the ever higher bar, it is not a sign to abuse the customers' trust. I believe Mark understands this very well and lives by the same principles.
    Last edited by Duffy; 02-20-19 at 07:24.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I know he has ruffled some feathers, obviously at some time or another he's pissed in Stickman's and officerx's Post Toasties, but is that the only reason you think he is using the business model he is using?

Has he enlarged his work force, or, is he taking steps to position LaRue in the market so he can keep his employees employed? Some guys, even abrasive guys, think that way.

ETA: Don't know the guy from Adam, but he's onto something, I'm a solid customer. Wouldn't be except the MBT and Ultimate Upper got me started.
    You must’ve misunderstood- I’ve got no beef with him or his company. I own several MBTs and mounts and couldn’t be happier with them. I stick with the KMR when it comes to buying rails though.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    People on the internet are weird. They get wrapped up in a decade+ old slap fight between two past middle aged rich guys who own manufacturing companies and choose sides like it's the Civil War and dig in. Buy your LaRue or your Geissele, or buy both and live your life.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Before last month, the only thing I ever bought from Larue were those index clips for like $15. Jumped on the MBT last month and really happy so far. For all intents, it feels really close to the SD-C based on 1 range session and some dry fire. I think the wide trigger face, helps it feel like the straight SD-C trigger. The MBT is going to be my new standard since I can buy 3 of them for the cost of an SD-C.

I bought an Noveske NSR rail recently and forgot how silly it was to time a damn barrel nut. I would like more info on the Larue rails. Weight of the 10" but also the actual length. Could you fit a direct thread suppressor on the 10" rail with a 10.5" barrel?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Before last month, the only thing I ever bought from Larue were those index clips for like $15. Jumped on the MBT last month and really happy so far. For all intents, it feels really close to the SD-C based on 1 range session and some dry fire. I think the wide trigger face, helps it feel like the straight SD-C trigger. The MBT is going to be my new standard since I can buy 3 of them for the cost of an SD-C.

I bought an Noveske NSR rail recently and forgot how silly it was to time a damn barrel nut. I would like more info on the Larue rails. Weight of the 10" but also the actual length. Could you fit a direct thread suppressor on the 10" rail with a 10.5" barrel?
    Maybe, but it would be really close and it depends on how much of a step your can has from it’s main body . Barrel muzzle threads are .625” long from the end to shoulder.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast