Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue's LAT/SAT rails

Feedback Score

Larue's LAT/SAT rails

Looks like LT dropped their SAT/LAT rails using the same lockup design as their venerable quad rails. Seems like they're going after the ALG market based on pricing, which is smart. They do look pretty solid and it'll be interesting to see how they pan out. I think they should be a solid choice for a "budget" build.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ny-handguards/
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ny-handguards/
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    These actually look excellent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Seems like they're going after the ALG market based on pricing, which is smart.

An industry VP and myself were talking about pricing years ago, and the subject of LT came up. He laughed and said Larue would lose money on products to spite another company if he didn’t like them. In this case, I doubt he is losing money as I’m sure he is sitting on a massive pile of extrusion that just sits there. Your ALG comment is probably right on the mark.

While looks are subjective, these are lopsided looking to my eye, though I figure that is just part of the extrusion on hand.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got the e-mail today on these. I just ordered the 13.2" LAT along with a 16" PredatAR barrel for a new build. You cannot beat the quality and price on these handguards.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    An industry VP and myself were talking about pricing years ago, and the subject of LT came up. He laughed and said Larue would lose money on products to spite another company if he didn’t like them. In this case, I doubt he is losing money as I’m sure he is sitting on a massive pile of extrusion that just sits there. Your ALG comment is probably right on the mark.

While looks are subjective, these are lopsided looking to my eye, though I figure that is just part of the extrusion on hand.
    This is what he's doing with his MBT triggers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    This is what he's doing with his MBT triggers.
    Do you have proof to back up your claim that ML is losing money?

Feedback Score
    Ordered two of the SAT rails. These look solid and you can’t beat the price.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I really like the SAT rail, I think it may find a home on my next build.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    While these handguards would not be my choice, IMHO, just like his trigger, I don’t think you can beat the value of them for the money. Business competition can be and is ruthless at times, trying to keep your slice of the pie, it’s just the way it is.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-18-19 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    1. It’s about time.
    2. They probably look lopsided since the Larue rails historically mimicked the KAC RAS pattern of having 12 o’clock rail even with upper, and 3,6, & 9 rails tucked in closer to the bore.
    3. Finally an MLOK rail that I can talk Ken Elmore into using. ��

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast