Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue's LAT/SAT rails

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Have you seen the geissele cult huggers?
    Geissele is favored on this site, no reason they shouldn't be.

I was talking about the usual LaRue hate.

My LaRue 6.5 Grendel is the only rifle I own that has all parts from the same source, and I love it.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-18-19 at 21:33.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't particularly need another rail, but for the price I may just buy one to have.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    He told me that he found that they are the most robust.
    Were you in a class for a department when you were told that, or was this you as a customer? Not calling you a liar by any stretch, but I've heard different from him and from another person, but I was not in the capacity of a customer. I'll also point out that I'm not calling Ken a liar either. There are plenty of reasons that can be given to different persons.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrx View Post
    I don't particularly need another rail, but for the price I may just buy one to have.
    I have piles of rails on hand (other companies) If you like what they look like, and the company, you might as well. The price is certainly low.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Were you in a class for a department when you were told that, or was this you as a customer? Not calling you a liar by any stretch, but I've heard different from him and from another person, but I was not in the capacity of a customer. I'll also point out that I'm not calling Ken a liar either. There are plenty of reasons that can be given to different persons.
    Sure as hell sounds like you are calling me a liar in a passive aggressive way. I guess my email from Ken stating that he only does factory Colt barrel nuts or Larue rails isn't good enough for you.

I have no idea what Ken told you or anyone else, just what he told me. Whether he still holds to that policy, I have no idea. Hell, if he gets a big order from some department, he might put on whatever they want, but for me, he gave me the two choices.
    Last edited by SE Flyer; 02-18-19 at 23:05.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have piles of rails on hand (other companies) If you like what they look like, and the company, you might as well. The price is certainly low.
    I dont have piles but I have a few, and this certainly doesn't sting as much as some of the Knights rail's ive "had to have."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    Sure as hell sounds like you are calling me a liar in a passive aggressive way. I guess my email from Ken stating that he only does factory Colt barrel nuts or Larue rails isn't good enough for you.

I have no idea what Ken told you or anyone else, just what he told me. Whether he still holds to that policy, I have no idea. Hell, if he gets a big order from some department, he might put on whatever they want, but for me, he gave me the two choices.
    Chill out! He said he wasn’t calling you a liar, that he had heard something different from the guy. Apparently he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Chill out! He said he wasn’t calling you a liar, that he had heard something different from the guy. Apparently he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!
    He didn't need to use the word liar. Though not surprised he did.
    Last edited by SE Flyer; 02-19-19 at 00:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got the email myself today and think they should be a good option at that price point. We know that mounting system is solid as they have used it for years and larue has a good history of making a quality product(despite what you may or may not think about Mr. Larue himself). Having a deal where they will discount the trigger a few more bucks is a smart move as well.

One thing I will say is that I wish they use mlok slots all the way back on the lat on the angles sides. Now I get it that function wise this isn't a big deal but for looks I think it'd be better.

I don't really have the need personally for another ar-15 but could see myself looking at one of these rails if I did. I wonder what they weigh?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Anyone has instructions in pdf or youtube link on how to install those rails/barrel nut? I'm familiar with the standard GI and aftermarket Geissele/BCM/Centurion barrel nuts/install, but not with Larue. Are they easy to install/remove or require some stupid red loctite on the outside of the barrel nut (aka Midwest industries) or KAC URX difficulty?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast