Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Larue's LAT/SAT rails

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    It seems like to many M.L. has gotten a reputation of being the D.T. of the gun industry but his current low price and free swag policy is more like that of Bernie Sanders.. “Make The Gun Insustry Great Again”
    IMHO, competition is a good thing and usually gives the consumer better and improved products at lower prices. Now back on topic.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-20-19 at 11:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    You must’ve misunderstood- I’ve got no beef with him or his company. I own several MBTs and mounts and couldn’t be happier with them. I stick with the KMR when it comes to buying rails though.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!
    I probably did, but when you lay out the posts:

QUOTE=Stickman;2709117]An industry VP and myself were talking about pricing years ago, and the subject of LT came up. He laughed and said Larue would lose money on products to spite another company if he didn’t like them.....[/QUOTE]

and you responded...

This is what he's doing with his MBT triggers.
    and then this...

I read a post directly from ML on TOS saying that he was losing money on them but he would do whatever it took to get them in the hands of the masses to prove they were better than his competition (presumably aimed at Geissele). I may not have every detail of that exactly correct; it was some months back when I read it, but I'm pretty sure I remember the part about losing money.
    I just got to that conclusion, especially when you jumped to ol' innuendo boy's defense.

Sorry.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    When dealing with rails you have a few questions to ask: mounting / lock up system, total length, attachment type (mlok, keymod, pic-rail, CMR, etc.), weight, and cost.

The only variable in that list that isn't addressed directly is weight, which I find odd not being published on the website. These may become best-in-class for the price. I doubt most folks could question the LT lock up system with a straight face. Frankly it is about damn time that LT started marketing rails that suit the desires of customers. The market moved on since 2008.

And let's be real, needing 1:30 attachment points along the entire handguard length isn't really a defining issue for most people. Arisaka makes mounts to tuck lights into that spot anyway, so who really cares? Also, how many of us are attaching anything on the rail anywhere but the last few inches? VFG, PEQ, rail scales, BUIS, WML... all that stuff is on the end of the handguard...
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 02-20-19 at 14:31. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I might have been tempted, if there were a Keymod version. I don't MLOK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I probably did, but when you lay out the posts:

QUOTE=Stickman;2709117]An industry VP and myself were talking about pricing years ago, and the subject of LT came up. He laughed and said Larue would lose money on products to spite another company if he didn’t like them.....
    and you responded...

and then this...

I just got to that conclusion, especially when you jumped to ol' innuendo boy's defense.

Sorry.[/QUOTE]

No, you got hurt feelings that what I said was shown to be correct.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No, you got hurt feelings that what I said was shown to be correct.
    You have the company spreadsheets?

I don't have hurt feelings, I just have this innate sense of fairness which has served me well up to this point. I just get tired of all the innuendo that goes unchallenged as the gospel.

It's obvious you have a hard-on for LaRue and I believe it colors your opinion and what you say.

In my very special opinion, it's wrong to hold yourself out as an SME/Industry Professional and make statements that you aren't willing to back up with facts - names, places, companies, etc.

If I was hiring you to do work for me in a firearms related capacity, I wouldn't want you skylining yourself in such a manner because it might reflect on my company by association.

ETA: Perhaps I should add that it is obvious, by your sig lines, that you have connections within the industry. You have used those connections to put together at least one group buy that I benefited from, do not think that 1) I don't remember that; or 2) it was not deeply appreciated. We are just disagreeing about your characterization of the LaRue products.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-22-19 at 21:22.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I have a simple question about LaRue handguards and their mounting system.

Will the system be robust and resistant to zero shift of the front sight mounted on a LaRue rail? Not addressing the strength of the sight, just the rail.

Max length of rail will be 12" or shorter.

I like strong and tough, but a full quad rail is off the list....new Locatinny is the rail I am asking about.

Thank You for informed opinions and experience.
    Last edited by gaucho1; 02-25-19 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    I have a simple question about LaRue handguards and their mounting system.

Will the system be robust and resistant to zero shift of the front sight mounted on a LaRue rail? Not addressing the strength of the sight, just the rail.

Max length of rail will be 12" or shorter.

I like strong and tough, but a full quad rail is off the list....new Lokatinny is the rail I am asking about.

Thank You for informed opinions and experience.
    The LaRue Tactical free-float mounting system is robust and rock solid. You will have no issue with shift whatsoever.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Thank you for a clear unambiguous reply. Seems to me that LaRue products are designed with those qualities in mind.

I assume they will not be the lightest options, and that works for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    The LaRue Tactical free-float mounting system is robust and rock solid. You will have no issue with shift whatsoever.
    That’s a bold statement and I don’t agree with it. I’m even a fan of Larue products.

An M16/M4 barrel seems solid as well, but POI shifts are pretty big when applying force to the sling swivel. An M4 experiences approximately 1” of POI shift at 200 yards for each pound of force applied to the end of the non-free float rail. An M16 approaches 2” of shift at 200 yards for each pound of force at the end of its non-free float rail. Look at the USMC shooting team’s Facebook pictures for a documented study on this. Free float rails prevent those forces from affecting the barrel, but they’re contingent on not using the rail for your sights.

I have a Larue 12” quad rail handguard on my CMP service rifle AR. They are great and hold up to the forces when I sling up tight. That said, there is obviously some flex in the system when I do it and I am almost certain there would be point of impact shift if I had a front sight mounted onto the rail.

Free floats are great as a way to isolate the barrel from external forces. But that only matters if you’re not subjecting your sights/optics to those same forces.

All this said, if you put a sight on your rail system instead of the barrel or receiver, then you need to accept the possibility of point of impact shifts.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast