Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.5” velocity with Wolf Gold?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

10.5” velocity with Wolf Gold?

I searched and googled and didn’t seem to see it anywhere. Anyone have this number handy?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ~2427 fps according to Buffman RANGE
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    ~2427 fps according to Buffman RANGE
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Stupid question. I saw that too and was wondering if the different operating platform makes a difference? (>100fps)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Eagle_19er on TOS got an average of 2633 fps with Wolf Gold 55gr from a Noveske 10.5”.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Big variance. I did notice buffman was done in the snow so I’m sure that affected it.

Looks like I gotta chrono myself.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Can you guys tell me what sort of groups I would expect from that ammo and barrel length. We are going to range tomorrow (thur) to try to trouble shoot a jumping POI. Is that ammo prone to just jumping around? I wouldn't think so. I think I have some sort of mechanical issue going on. We will at 50 yards at first to try to figure this out. I don't think it's ammo and just wanted to verify no one else gets any sort of random multiple POI issues?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have a huge number of Wolf Gold rounds fired and none through a 10.5, but shooting it through several 16 and 20 inch rifles I haven't seen anything bad about it. Its been good M193 ammo in my experience.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 02-20-19 at 19:12.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Big variance. I did notice buffman was done in the snow so I’m sure that affected it.

Looks like I gotta chrono myself.
    Some possible explanations:
    Ammo inconsistency from lot to lot
    Cold temp
    10” vs 10.5” barrel (if adverts are accurate)
    AK barrel vs Noveske

I think the difference in velocity can be explained by the sum of differences in barrels and test conditions.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Can you guys tell me what sort of groups I would expect from that ammo and barrel length. We are going to range tomorrow (thur) to try to trouble shoot a jumping POI. Is that ammo prone to just jumping around? I wouldn't think so. I think I have some sort of mechanical issue going on. We will at 50 yards at first to try to figure this out. I don't think it's ammo and just wanted to verify no one else gets any sort of random multiple POI issues?
    Funny, I just built a DD 10.3, NSR rail, and MUR. The gas block is very close to the rail and I am wondering if it's hitting.

This was the first range trip after adjusting the gas block for a suppressor. 50 yards, Wolf Gold, using a red dot.

My next trip, no cleaning, I shot PPU 75gr and used a 10x scope. The group looked similar and I didn't take a picture. I figure these are 4 moa groups and I swear Wolf Gold in the past was much better.

I am going to file the gas block and try to hit the range this weekend. I have some 77gr factory ammo but I'll bring some Wolf Gold and hopefully shoot a better group.

Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-21-19 at 21:58.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast