Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.5” velocity with Wolf Gold?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

10.5” velocity with Wolf Gold?

I searched and googled and didn’t seem to see it anywhere. Anyone have this number handy?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ~2427 fps according to Buffman RANGE
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    ~2427 fps according to Buffman RANGE
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Stupid question. I saw that too and was wondering if the different operating platform makes a difference? (>100fps)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Eagle_19er on TOS got an average of 2633 fps with Wolf Gold 55gr from a Noveske 10.5”.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Big variance. I did notice buffman was done in the snow so I’m sure that affected it.

Looks like I gotta chrono myself.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Can you guys tell me what sort of groups I would expect from that ammo and barrel length. We are going to range tomorrow (thur) to try to trouble shoot a jumping POI. Is that ammo prone to just jumping around? I wouldn't think so. I think I have some sort of mechanical issue going on. We will at 50 yards at first to try to figure this out. I don't think it's ammo and just wanted to verify no one else gets any sort of random multiple POI issues?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have a huge number of Wolf Gold rounds fired and none through a 10.5, but shooting it through several 16 and 20 inch rifles I haven't seen anything bad about it. Its been good M193 ammo in my experience.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 02-20-19 at 19:12.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Can you guys tell me what sort of groups I would expect from that ammo and barrel length. We are going to range tomorrow (thur) to try to trouble shoot a jumping POI. Is that ammo prone to just jumping around? I wouldn't think so. I think I have some sort of mechanical issue going on. We will at 50 yards at first to try to figure this out. I don't think it's ammo and just wanted to verify no one else gets any sort of random multiple POI issues?
    Funny, I just built a DD 10.3, NSR rail, and MUR. The gas block is very close to the rail and I am wondering if it's hitting.

This was the first range trip after adjusting the gas block for a suppressor. 50 yards, Wolf Gold, using a red dot.

My next trip, no cleaning, I shot PPU 75gr and used a 10x scope. The group looked similar and I didn't take a picture. I figure these are 4 moa groups and I swear Wolf Gold in the past was much better.

I am going to file the gas block and try to hit the range this weekend. I have some 77gr factory ammo but I'll bring some Wolf Gold and hopefully shoot a better group.

Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-21-19 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    We went today and with a 4x scope at 50 and 10 shot groups the best we got was around 3". So we went to 100 and the best I could get was 10 shots in a 5" square. I don't know what that group would have technically measured to but we would keeping getting these situations like a nice little 3 shot group then a flyer this way and another flyer that way. That's when we both know we were holding dead on. I'm sure some of my issues are operator error but we both shot several shots that we know should not have landed where they did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast