Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Comparison: Steiner P4Xi 1-4x vs. Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6x

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    So I finally got this mounted and zeroed. Overall very pleased with the scope. This is my second Steiner scope, and overall its been great. The eye box is generous and the reticle is simple, and easy to setup using the Strelok app. Since an RDS is not an option anymore given my astigmatism, I'm pretty happy with using a low power scope. While this scope can be used as an RDS at 1 power, I found, for myself that the dot had a bit of a "tail" however with a variety of illumination settings, I was able to "turn down" the power and the dot was fine. The diopter setting on the scope made getting the reticle sharp very easy as well. I was able to put several rds in a 1" dot at 100yrd. If the reticle was a bit "finer" it would have been even easier. Zeroing was simple I needed some adjustment on the windage, however the elevation was dead on. Once the turrets are set and "capped" you use the reticle as a BDC, very simple and, so far so good.

On another note, a good friend managed to talk me out of getting some Butler Creek (BC) scope caps, while BC is good "bang for the buck" I'm glad he did.This is my first experience using them, and I was very impressed with the Tenebraex product. Easy to install and well made. The folks at Armament Technology (AT) were great to deal with. Patrick was awesome, and customer service along with shipping was fast. The caps were the perfect size, and fit great. Thanks troops!

Looks good, great photography work!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Another legit option for scope caps are Aadmount Flip ups.

They are all I use on my NightForce NSX, NX8, and Vortex PST G2 1-6x. On my PST I only use the front cap.

http://www.aadmount.com/Caps/Caps.html

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Another legit option for scope caps are Aadmount Flip ups.

They are all I use on my NightForce NSX, NX8, and Vortex PST G2 1-6x. On my PST I only use the front cap.

http://www.aadmount.com/Caps/Caps.html
    $99.95
    Seriously???

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    $99.95
    Seriously???
    Yeah they are not for budget minded types - but for $1500+ optics, I won't cheap out with cheap caps.

These never fall off, never flip up on their own.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ended up getting rid of my PST 2 because of the weight. I really liked it otherwise, but I pretty much always shoot off hand and the weight was killer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I ended up getting rid of my PST 2 because of the weight. I really liked it otherwise, but I pretty much always shoot off hand and the weight was killer.
    What did you get to replace it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    T2. I struggled with self diagnosed "astigmatism" with an Aimpoint PRO a while back and figured I couldn't do red dots. Starbursting, grape dot, etc. The T2 is a different animal for whatever reason and I get a nice crisp dot. Much more accurate than irons. For my use the red dot makes more sense than a LPVO and I was only using it because I thought I couldn't use a red dot. I highly suggest anyone else struggling with it to try a T2.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    T2. I struggled with self diagnosed "astigmatism" with an Aimpoint PRO a while back and figured I couldn't do red dots. Starbursting, grape dot, etc. The T2 is a different animal for whatever reason and I get a nice crisp dot. Much more accurate than irons. For my use the red dot makes more sense than a LPVO and I was only using it because I thought I couldn't use a red dot. I highly suggest anyone else struggling with it to try a T2.
    Did you have the same issue with EOTechs? Aimpoint definitely cleaned up the dot between the T1 and T2 for magnification, would make sense that it’d help with some eyesight issues as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Great review! Ive been on the fence between these two scopes......
    Appreciate your time and effort.
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Old thread I know but I came upon this. T2s look bad to me. Really big and cloudy dot. So I’ve been looking for an LPVO. Not a lot local to look at but from ones I’ve looked through they’ve all looked good. Acogs look really good too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456